Magicka Necromancer PvP Build ESO – Horror
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Patch: Ascending Tide
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Necromancer DPS PvP Build, Horror, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, and Imperial City. This build can be played in both CP and no-CP pvp without any changes to the build!
The magicka necromancer has improved a lot over time in PvP and is an extremely solid class in ESO’s PvP meta! With strong burst damage and amazing survivability, the class is extremely fun to play! I went for the bomb style of MagCro with this patch’s PvP build, and it works extremely well in both Cyrodiil and battlegrounds. You are able to basically one shot massive groups of enemies with this build’s main combo, and it is extremely satisfying when it all lines up!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Necromancer PvP Build|
|Head||Balorgh||Medium||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Vet March of Sacrifices|
|Gloves||Vicious Death||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Vicious Death||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Chest||Armor of the Trainee||Heavy||Reinforced||Prismatic||Any Starter Zone|
|Belt||Vicious Death||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Dark Convergence||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Dark Convergence||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Dark Convergence||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Damage||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Markyn Ring of Majesty||Jewelry||Harmony||Spell Cost Reduction||Antiquities|
|Weapon 1||Vicious Death||Lightning Staff||Sharpened||Berserker||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 2||Dark Convergence||Restoration Staff||Defending||Absorb Magicka||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
- Dark Convergence: This set is what helps us line up our bomb with the build. When we lay down our Colossus, it pulls everyone into the middle, forcing them to take all of damage from the ultimate (which will also give them major vulnerability) and lining them up for an easy hit from your graveyard synergy!
- Vicious Death: This set is what finishes the bomb. Once we hit our graveyard synergy, if just a single person dies, they’ll explode and cause massive damage to the group, allowing for a chain reaction of damage to wipe out the entire group!
- Balorgh: Since this build is based around a bomb with our ultimate, Balorgh is the perfect set to give us extra damage and penetration during that burst window!
- Trainee: With the way we have our gear setup, we have an extra gear slot which Trainee fits perfectly, giving us a big boost to our health!
- Markyn Ring of Majesty: This is a new mythic that came out in the Deadlands patch and has quickly become one of my favorite mythics in the game! It gives a very well-balanced stat profile of damage and resistance, making this a great way to help pad our stats!
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Destruction Staff: Force Pulse, Stalking Blastbones, Necrotic Potency, Avid Boneyard, Mortal Coil, Dawnbreaker of Smiting
Back Bar – Restoration Staff: Rapid Regeneration, Resistant Flesh, Spirit Guardian, Summoner’s Armor, Race Against Time, Pestilent Colossus
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build I am playing as a stage 3 vampire. This gives us access to the undeath passive, greatly increasing our tankiness!
The list below showcases the order in which champion points should be acquired, the number of points you need to place into that perk and whether or not it needs to be slotted in the CP bar. The Warfare CP perks increase your damage and mitigation and are the most important, the Fitness tree has some miscellaneous sustain and defensive perks and the Craft tree has crafting and non-combat bonuses. The Craft CP points are entirely customizable to however you want, or you can follow the list below.
CHAMPION POINT SETUP
- Eldritch Insight – 20
- Piercing – 20
- Master-at-Arms – 50 (Slotted)
- Biting Aura – 50 (Slotted)
- Precision – 20
- Fighting Finesse – 50 (Slotted)
- Quick Recovery – 20
- Elemental Aegis – 20
- Hardy – 20
- Ironclad – 50 (Slotted)
- Blessed – 20
- Tireless Discipline – 20
- Flawless Ritual – 40
- War Mage – 30
- Preparation – 20
- Boundless Vitality – 50 (Slotted)
- Tumbling – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 10
- Sustained by Suffering – 50 (Slotted)
- Pain’s Refuge – 50 (Slotted)
- Relentlessness – 50 (Slotted)
- Hero’s Vigor – 20
- Defiance – 20
- Tireless Guardian – 20
- Fortification – 30
- Nimble Protector – 6
- Savage Defense – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 40
- Bashing Brutality – 20
- Hasty – 16
- Sprinter – 20
- Piercing Gaze – 30
- Steed’s Blessing – 50 (Slotted)
- Breakfall – 50
- Wanderer – 15
- Steadfast Enchantment – 50
- Rationer – 30 (Slotted)
- Liquid Efficiency – 75 (Slotted)
- Treasure Hunter – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortune’s Favor – 50
- Gilded Fingers – 50
- Soul Reservoir – 33
Other Important Info
Bewitched Sugar Skulls: Maximum Health, Magicka and Stamina
Atronach – Increased Magicka Recovery
Breton – Definitely the best race for magicka necromancer in PvP. Magicka Necromancer does not have the best sustain, and playing as a Breton prevents us from needing to run a sustain set on our build due to the 7% cost reduction and extra magicka recovery. Besides the great regen, we also get a big boost to our magicka and a ton of extra resistances.
Spell Power Potions (Spell Crit, Spell Damage, Magicka Restoration)
Cornflower, Ladys Smock, Water Hyacinth
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all), Medium Armor (all), Destruction Staff (all), Restoration Staff (all), Fighter’s Guild (all), Psijic Order (Clairvoyance and Concentrated Barrier), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first)
Tips & Misc.
This build has one primary combo that it attempts to do to burst the big groups: Blastbones > Swap > Pestilent Colossus > Swap > Avid Boneyard > Grave Robber Synergy. Outside of that, you siphon corpses with Necrotic Potency to build ultimate, and keep yourself alive with your Mortal Coil, Rapid Regeneration and Resistant Flesh. Be sure to also maintain your Spirit Guardian and Summoner’s Armor for maximum defensive capability.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2019 – Build created
10/30/2019 – Added alternative skills/gear to the build based on preferences.
2/24/2020 – build overhauled for harrowstorm
9/13/2021 – build brought out of archive and overhauled for waking flame
11/1/2021 – no changes for deadlands
1/8/2022 – changed gear and food
3/15/2022- totally overhauled build