Magicka Necromancer PvP Build ESO – Horror
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Patch: Waking Flame
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Necromancer DPS PvP Build, Horror, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, dueling, and Imperial City. This build can be played in both CP and no-CP pvp without any changes to the build!
The magicka necromancer has improved a lot over time in PvP and is an extremely solid class in ESO’s PvP meta! With respectable damage and amazing survivability, the class is extremely fun to play! I went for a different approach with this build than what you typically see other players go for with their MagCro builds. My goal was to build this similarly to my magicka dragonknight, having a balance of consistent pressure and burst without leaning too much in either direction, and I believe I accomplished that. The build has an extremely well-balanced damage profile, great survivability, with solid mobility and sustain. It’s a very well-rounded build that’s fun to play and doesnt crutch on any overtuned sets, meaning that this build should theoretically be viable for patches to come!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Necromancer PvP Build|
|Head||Engine Guardian||Medium||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Vet Darkshade Caverns 2|
|Necklace||Heartland Conqueror||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Crafted|
|Ring||Heartland Conqueror||Jewelry||Infused||Spell Damage||Crafted|
|Ring||Heartland Conqueror||Jewelry||Infused||Spell Damage||Crafted|
|Weapon 1||Destructive Impact||Flame Staff||Sharpened||Absorb Magicka||Vet Dragonstar Arena|
|Weapon 2||Daedric Trickery||Ice Staff||Powered||Berserker||Crafted|
- Engine Guardian: This set works extremely well on the magicka necromancer, offering us sustain or a strong HoT depending on what procs! Getting a boost to any of these pools is amazing for the build: more stamina allows us to block continuously on our back bar, magicka helps with sustain, and the heal over time combined with Mortal Coil gives us a ludicrious amount of healing. On top of this, it gives us another body in front of us. This combined with constant Blastbones makes it a bit harder for our opponents to target us with spells.
- Daedric Trickery: This set can be back barred and also us a wide variety of buffs, all are which extremely useful for the magicka necromancer. The buffs from this set last for 21 seconds and proc every 9 seconds, meaning we can have up to 2 of the major buffs from this set active at the same time!
- Heartland Conqueror: This set is one of the primary offensive sets on the build, but also gives us a fantastic defensive boost! Since the magicka necromancer has crammed skill bars, I unfortunately did not have the room for elemental drain / major breach. Because of this, I wanted to get the penetration from another source, and Heartland gives us that source! It doubles the potency of our weapon traits, giving us a big boost to penetration on the front bar and healing on the back bar with our chosen traits!
- Master’s Destruction Staff: This 2 piece set bonus on the front bar gives us a ton of spell damage, giving us 100 passive spell damage and another 600 whenever we use clench (our primary CC). This means our spell damage will be at it’s peak when we CC out opponents, which is when your kill potential is at its highest! Combine clench with Blastbones and Ice Coment and you have a very potent burst combo!
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Destruction Staff: Elemental Weapon, Stalking Blastbones, Destructive Clench, Skeletal Arcanist, Degeneration, Ice Comet
Back Bar – Destruction Staff: Mortal Coil, Resistant Flesh, Spirit Guardian, Summoner’s Armor, Elusive Mist, Ravenous Goliath
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build I am playing as a stage 1 vampire. With the nerfing of health recovery in PvP that happened in Blackwood, one of the biggest drawbacks to vampire is no longer a concern. In my opinion, Elusive Mist is one of the best kiting tools in the game for slower magicka characters, so it works perfectly on the magicka necromancer. It allows you to kite to safety unimpeded with a ton of extra damage mitigation. You can also use this to dampen incoming damage spikes by quickly going into Mist Form (for example, using Mist Form against a Templar’s Backlash).
The list below showcases the order in which champion points should be acquired, the number of points you need to place into that perk and whether or not it needs to be slotted in the CP bar. The Warfare CP perks increase your damage and mitigation and are the most important, the Fitness tree has some miscellaneous sustain and defensive perks and the Craft tree has crafting and non-combat bonuses. The Craft CP points are entirely customizable to however you want, or you can follow the list below.
CHAMPION POINT SETUP
- Eldritch Insight – 20
- Piercing – 20
- Master-at-Arms – 50 (Slotted)
- Biting Aura – 50 (Slotted)
- Quick Recovery – 20
- Elemental Aegis – 20
- Hardy – 20
- Duelist’s Rebuff – 50 (Slotted)
- Ironclad – 50 (Slotted)
- Blessed – 20
- Tireless Discipline – 20
- Flawless Ritual – 40
- War Mage – 30
- Precision – 20
- Preparation – 20
- Boundless Vitality – 50 (Slotted)
- Tumbling – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 10
- Sustained by Suffering – 50 (Slotted)
- Pain’s Refuge – 50 (Slotted)
- Survival Instincts – 50 (Slotted)
- Hero’s Vigor – 20
- Defiance – 20
- Tireless Guardian – 20
- Fortification – 30
- Nimble Protector – 6
- Savage Defense – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 40
- Bashing Brutality – 20
- Hasty – 16
- Sprinter – 20
- Piercing Gaze – 30
- Steed’s Blessing – 50 (Slotted)
- Breakfall – 50
- Wanderer – 15
- Steadfast Enchantment – 50
- Rationer – 30 (Slotted)
- Liquid Efficiency – 75 (Slotted)
- Treasure Hunter – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortune’s Favor – 50
- Gilded Fingers – 50
- Soul Reservoir – 33
Other Important Info
Clockwork Citrus Filet: Maximum Health, Magicka and Magicka Recovery
NOTE: Witchmother’s Potent Brew can be used as a cheaper alternative.
Atronach – Increased Magicka Recovery
Breton – Definitely the best race for magicka necromancer in PvP. Magicka Necromancer does not have the best sustain, and playing as a Breton prevents us from needing to run a sustain set on our build due to the 7% cost reduction and extra magicka recovery. Besides the great regen, we also get a big boost to our magicka and a ton of extra resistances.
Essence of Health (Restore Magicka, Health and Stamina)
(Bugloss, Columbine and Mountain Flower)
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all), Medium Armor (all), Destruction Staff (all except Tri-Focus), Mage’s Guild (all), Psijic Order (all), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first)
Tips & Misc.
- Maintain your buffs & debuffs to maximize the amount of tankiness, sustain and damage potential that the build offers.
- You want to try and maintain distance from your opponents to maximize the amount of damage your stalking blastbones deals!
- Ravenous Goliath should be used in heavily outnumbered situations over Ice Comet. The Goliath form AoE deals an insane amount of damage, and because of that, you’re also being healed for a ton. On top of your other heal over times, you’ll be nearly unkillable. Maintain those buffs/debuffs and focus on bursting down your opponents!
- Your main burst combo with all buffs/debuffs active is: Stalking Blastbones > Ice Comet > Flame Clench. The Flame Clench will stun your opponent and give you a boost to spell damage from the Destructive Impact set right for when the blastbones and comet strike your target simultaneously!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2019 – Build created
10/30/2019 – Added alternative skills/gear to the build based on preferences.
2/24/2020 – build overhauled for harrowstorm
9/13/2021 – build brought out of archive and overhauled for waking flame