ESO Battlegrounds Basics Series
Welcome to Dottzgaming.com’s Battlegrounds Basics series! This will be a guide series to battlegrounds in the Elder Scrolls Online, helping new players to ESO or to PvP get started in battlegrounds! More experienced players will also be able to get some information from certain videos in the series as well, so this is going to be a video series for everyone! The table of contents will be continually expanded as more and more guides are added, so be sure to check back regularly!
Table of Contents
This video is an introduction to my newest series: ESO Battlegrounds Basics, covering what kinds of videos and guides you can expect in this series, as well as why I wanted to start making the videos.
General Info & Infrastructure
What are battlegrounds?
- 4v4v4 instanced PvP.
- The teams that face off in these matches are the Storm Lords, Pit Demons and the Fire Drakes!
- Inside of BGs, there are no faction restrictions and no CP enabled.
- The first team to 500 points or the most points after 15 minutes wins
- Rewards include:
- Rewards of the Worthy
- Extra bonuses for the 1st bg of the day (must come in the top 2) similarly to the daily dungeon rewards.
- BG specific motifs and gear sets.
- To queue for a BG, navigate to the group pane in the menus and click “battlegrounds.”
- You’re matched by an internal matchmaking rating. Teams will have higher MMRs than solo players to try and pit premade teams against each other and less against solo players.
- Battleground game mode types include:
- Deathmatch: Team with the most kills wins.
- Land Grab
- Domination – Capture and hold points around the map.
- Crazy King – Same as domination except for the flags change positions.
- Flag Games
- Capture the Relic – Standard capture the flag.
- Chaosball – Teams fight to hold a ball that spawns in the middle of the map. Points are earned while the ball is held, but the ball carrier takes damage from the ball and extra from players.
- Maps Include:
- Ald Carac: A ruin of an ancient Dwemer city.
- Arcane University: A ruined outer district of the Imperial City.
- Ularra: An old overgrown Daedric worshipping site.
- Foyada Quarry: A quarry near the Red Mountain.
- Mor Khazgur: An Orcish stronghold.
- Deeping Drome: A cavern containing a Dwemer ruin.
- Istirus Outpost: A fortification in southwestern Cyrodiil (allows mounts).
- Qutting gives a debuff where you cant queue for a set period of time, so even if your team is losing, it’s better to finish the game out.
- Medals earned in the game modes determine leader board rewards, and what those specific medals are can be found in help menu.
- Lower brackets are 10-49, max level brackets are CP 10+.