[ARCHIVED] The Resistor – Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build
[ARCHIVED]: This build has been archived, which means it is no longer being updated. However, this web-page will be left up for those who still would like to refer to it.
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Dragon Knight DPS PvP Build, The Resistor, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, dueling, and Imperial City. This build can be played in both CP and no-CP pvp without any changes to the build!
This build is basically a combination of multiple builds I’ve made in the past, combining the strengths from them into one amazing setup. We have fantastic damage from being in light armor and how high our penetration is, and our gear makes us an absolute tank and incredibly difficult to take down. If you’re looking for a really good light armor setup for your magicka DK, this build will serve you well!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build|
|Head||Bloodspawn||Heavy||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Vet Spindleclutch 2|
|Gloves||Spinner's Garments||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Spinner's Garments||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Chest||Spinner's Garments||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Spinner's Garments||Light||Sturdy||Magicka||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Spinner's Garments||Light||Sturdy||Magicka||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 1||Mark of the Pariah||1h Weapon||Nirnhoned||Flame||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 2||Mark of the Pariah||Shield||Sturdy||Magicka||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Shield 2||Mark of the Pariah||Ice Staff||Defending||Weapon & Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
- 1h/Shield and Destruction Staff: For this patch, I decided to go back to SnB/Ice staff. While the flame staff front bar offers the magDK amazing damage, damage is insanely high this patch, so being able to reliably block on both bars is a wonderful thing.
- Blood Spawn: A staple magicka dragon knight set, this monster set gives us a ton of additional resistances when it procs, and grants us ultimate (which is essentially sustain for a dragon knight because of battle roar). While I run this open world and in battlegrounds, I’ll switch to Valkyn Skoria for duels for the extra burst to finish of kills.
- Spinner’s: Between Spinner’s, Light Armor passives and Elemental Drain, we are able to penetrate through a significant amount of our opponent’s defenses. This set gives us a ton of effective spell power, which is very important because of how defensive in nature our other gear sets are.
- Pariah: This set just turns you into an absolute tank. The lower our HP gets, the more resistance we have from this gear set. Although this set and Blood Spawn puts us well over resistance cap, people are running tons of penetration right now, and this set basically negates that with ease.
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Sword & Shield: Flame Lash, Burning Embers, Fossilize, Engulfing Flames, Cauterize, Ferocious Leap
Back Bar – Ice Staff: Structured Entropy, Coagulating Blood, Elemental Drain, Volatile Armor, Elusive Mist, Devouring Swarm
- Molten Whip: The new Molten Whip is an absolute nuke. When you use Ardent Flame skills, you gain stacks of Seething Fury, which grants more Spell Damage and increases the damage of your next lash (stacks up to 3 times). If you stack this up, Fossilize, Leap, Whip, you’ll be laying a TON of burst damage onto your opponent. Since this build is so defensive in nature already, I think giving up the HoT from Flame Lash to increase the builds damage via Molten Whip is a fantastic change to the setup!
- Burning Embers: Great single target DoT that can be placed on multiple people that heals you based on damage done. By boosting the damage of this ability, we give ourselves offensive based healing capabilities which is fantastic.
- Fossilize: Amazing stun, I recommend this over Stone Giant any day. You can’t mess up with this ability, and your enemy is rooted once the stun is over.
- Engulfing Flames: This ability is one of the best skills in the magDK’s arsenal. It not only provides a good DoT on our opponents, but it increases our flame damage done on that target by 10%. This, combined with Elemental Drain, enables an absurd amount of damage for the build.
- Cauterize: This skill is one of those that the more I use it the more I like it. This gives us major prophecy, which helps for getting nice crit damage and healing on our front bar, but also gives us a powerful heal over time for an extremely cheap cost.
- Ferocious Leap: Tons of damage, CC, a damage shield, and it looks really cool. This ultimate is a staple in any Magicka DK PvP build.
- Structured Entropy: A powerful DoT, a source of major sorcery, and gives the build another HoT – not much more to say about it!
- Coagulating Blood: Our defensive burst heal on the build. You should be primarily using Cauterize and Burning Embers for healing, and this as your emergency heal.
- Elemental Drain: This ability – I can’t say enough good things about it. Not only do we get major breach, but it also gives us a massive boost to our sustain for 0 cost.
- Volatile Armor: Gives us a lot of extra resistances and adds another DoT to the build. This ability is really good for making us tanky.
- Elusive Mist: After wings was nerfed, it truly never felt the same for me. On top of that, with how high damage is this patch, I felt that Race Against Time was too offensive of a choice for my snare/root removal. Plus, vampirism undeath combines really well with Pariah. So with all those things to consider, we went back to mist form for our root/snare break. Offers good movement, damage reduction, and compliments the build very well.
- Devouring Swarm: This ultimate is an incredibly strong offensive and defensive ultimate for our back bar. If you’re surrounded by multiple targets and need a lot of healing, but also want to stay offensive, this ultimate will do the job perfectly. Plus, with the new DoT update, this hits harder than ever.
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build I recommend playing a vampire. The 10% extra recoveries and undeath from being a vampire are nice and compliment the g ear we are wearing very nicely. Plus, I wanted to use Mist Form again as my root/snare break since I’m no longer a fan of wings, and I wanted a defensive skill here. It’s not mandatory though – if you dont like vampirism, feel free to run Reflective Plate/Race Against Time for your snare/root break.
CHAMPION POINT 810 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Blessed – 19
- Elfborn – 56
- Spell Erosion – 48
- Elemental Expert – 75
- Master-at-Arms – 72
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Warlord – 56
- Sprinter – 18
- Arcanist – 75
- Tumbling – 40
- Shadow Ward – 81
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Ironclad – 56
- Resistant – 53
- Thick Skinned – 56
- Hardy – 43
- Elemental Defender – 43
- Quick Recovery – 19
Other Important Info
Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce: Maximum Health, Magicka and Stamina
Apprentice – Increased Spell Damage
Breton – Breton has become one of my favorite magicka pvp races for this patch, especially MagDK. Between Breton, Light Armor and Elemental Drain, you literally dont need any other sources of regen in the build. Besides the great regen, we also get a big boost to our magicka and a ton of extra resistances.
Tri-Stat (Bugloss, Columbine and Mountain Flower)
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Medium Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), 1h & Shield (all), Destruction Staff (all), Mages Guild (all), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first)
Tips & Misc.
- Maintain your buffs to maximize the amount of tankiness and damage potential that the build offers.
- Your offense is also your defense. If you need a BIG heal in a pinch and don’t have an ultimate or a potion up, re-apply Burning Embers. The re-application of burning embers will cause you to be healed since the original DoT “ended”, and you’ll be maintaining the damage pressure on your opponent.
- Elemental Drain maintenance is very important for damage and sustain. Always make sure this ability is up on your opponent.
- When your opponent is rooted, stand behind them so they can’t hit you.
- Stunning someone before you use an ultimate will cause them to take the full brunt of your assault, so use Fossilize in those key moments.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
3/1/2019 – Build Created
5/22/2019 – Flame Lash changed to Molten Whip, Vampirism removed from build and back bar ult replaced with Spell Wall
8/14/2019 – CP/Skills/Weapons changed for scalebreaker