The Resistor – Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Dragon Knight DPS PvP Build, The Resistor, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, dueling, and Imperial City. This build can be played in both CP and no-CP pvp without any changes to the build!
This build is basically a combination of multiple builds I’ve made in the past, combining the strengths from them into one amazing setup. We have fantastic damage from being in light armor and how high our penetration is, and our gear makes us an absolute tank and incredibly difficult to take down. If you’re looking for a really good light armor setup for your magicka DK, this build will serve you well!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build|
|Head||Bloodspawn||Heavy||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Vet Spindleclutch 2|
|Gloves||Spinner's Garments||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Spinner's Garments||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Chest||Spinner's Garments||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Spinner's Garments||Light||Sturdy||Magicka||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Spinner's Garments||Light||Sturdy||Magicka||Malabal Tor or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 1||Mark of the Pariah||Inferno||Nirnhoned||Weapon & Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 2||Mark of the Pariah||1h Weapon||Decisive||Restore Magicka||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Shield 2||Mark of the Pariah||Shield||Sturdy||Magicka||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
- 1h/Shield and Destruction Staff: I really believe for light armor builds that Inferno/SnB is the way to go. The flame staff front bar offers the magDK amazing damage and healing, while our back bar being sword and shield gives us a nice defensive bar to fall back and block on for when things get crazy.
- Blood Spawn: A staple magicka dragon knight set, this monster set gives us a ton of additional resistances when it procs, and grants us ultimate (which is essentially sustain for a dragon knight because of battle roar). While I run this open world and in battlegrounds, I’ll switch to Valkyn Skoria for duels for the extra burst to finish of kills.
- Spinner’s: Between Spinner’s, Light Armor passives and Elemental Drain, we are able to penetrate through a significant amount of our opponent’s defenses. This set gives us a ton of effective spell power, which is very important because of how defensive in nature our other gear sets are.
- Pariah: This set just turns you into an absolute tank. The lower our HP gets, the more resistance we have from this gear set. Although this set and Blood Spawn puts us well over resistance cap, people are running tons of penetration right now, and this set basically negates that with ease.
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Flame Staff: Molten Whip, Burning Embers, Fossilize, Elemental Drain, Cauterize, Ferocious Leap
Back Bar – Sword & Shield: Degeneration, Coagulating Blood, Harness Magicka, Volatile Armor, Reflective Plate/Race Against Time, Spell Wall
- Molten Whip: The new Molten Whip is an absolute nuke. When you use Ardent Flame skills, you gain stacks of Seething Fury, which grants more Spell Damage and increases the damage of your next lash (stacks up to 3 times). If you stack this up, Fossilize, Leap, Whip, you’ll be laying a TON of burst damage onto your opponent. Since this build is so defensive in nature already, I think giving up the HoT from Flame Lash to increase the builds damage via Molten Whip is a fantastic change to the setup!
- Burning Embers: Great single target DoT that can be placed on multiple people that heals you based on damage done. By boosting the damage of this ability, we give ourselves offensive based healing capabilities which is fantastic.
- Fossilize: Amazing stun, I recommend this over Stone Giant any day. You can’t mess up with this ability, and your enemy is rooted once the stun is over.
- Elemental Drain: This ability – I can’t say enough good things about it. Not only do we get major breach, but it also gives us a massive boost to our sustain for 0 cost.
- Cauterize: This skill is one of those that the more I use it the more I like it. This gives us major prophecy, which helps for getting nice crit damage and healing on our front bar, but also gives us a powerful heal over time for an extremely cheap cost.
- Ferocious Leap: Tons of damage, CC, a damage shield, and it looks really cool. This ultimate is a staple in any Magicka DK PvP build.
- Degeneration: I’m using this over Structured Entropy because we have a destruction staff on our front bar, so since our light/heavy attacks will deal some decent damage, we have a chance to proc a decent heal. Also, I didn’t like how structured entropy made my execute range bigger.
- Coagulating Blood: Our defensive burst heal on the build. You should be primarily using Cauterize and Burning Embers for healing, and this as your emergency heal.
- Harness Magicka: This ability gives us a really great shield on top of all of the healing and block mitigation this build has. It also is a great means for sustain, giving magicka back whenever we take magical damage.
- Volatile Armor: Gives us a lot of extra resistances and adds another DoT to the build. This ability is really good for making us tanky.
- Reflective Plate:Although wings was changed to no longer reflect projectiles, it is still a powerful damage debuff against ranged attacks, as well as our choice for our snare/immobilization immunity. There is an alternative to this skill now though which offers a more offensive choice and that is Race Against Time from the Psijic Order skill line (granting minor force, expedition and snare immunity). If you feel that you’re facing a lot of ranged opponents and want that damage mitigation, keep using wings, but if you want a more offensive and more mobile option, feel free to give the new Race Against Time a try!
- Spell Wall: This ultimate is an incredibly strong defensive ultimate for our back bar. It’s cheap costing and enables a ton of defense, allowing ourselves to heal back up while this takes care of defending us.
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build I recommend playing a mortal. The 10% extra recoveries and undeath from being a vampire are nice, but the main reasons against vampirism is that fire hits hard, and many stam classes choose to run dawnbreaker. Plus, Reflective Plate/Race Against Time is a great choice for those who do not want to run vampirism, so we no longer need to rely on vampirism for getting out of roots and snares. I personally choose to go the route of mortal and use reflective plate, simply because with the sheer amount of bow users and how hard fire hits, I think vampirism makes you a bit too squishy and susceptible to certain attacks.
CHAMPION POINT 810 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Blessed – 27
- Elfborn – 56
- Spell Erosion – 31
- Elemental Expert – 75
- Master-at-Arms – 81
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Warlord – 56
- Sprinter – 18
- Arcanist – 75
- Tumbling – 40
- Shadow Ward – 81
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Ironclad – 56
- Resistant – 52
- Light Armor Focus – 18
- Thick Skinned – 37
- Hardy – 43
- Elemental Defender – 37
- Quick Recovery – 27
Other Important Info
Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce: Maximum Health, Magicka and Stamina
Mage – Increased Magicka
Breton – Breton has become one of my favorite magicka pvp races for this patch, especially MagDK. Between Breton, Light Armor and Elemental Drain, you literally dont need any other sources of regen in the build. Besides the great regen, we also get a big boost to our magicka and a ton of extra resistances.
Tri-Stat (Bugloss, Columbine and Mountain Flower)
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Medium Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), 1h & Shield (all), Destruction Staff (all), Mages Guild (all), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first)
Tips & Misc.
- Maintain your buffs to maximize the amount of tankiness and damage potential that the build offers.
- Your offense is also your defense. If you need a BIG heal in a pinch and don’t have an ultimate or a potion up, re-apply Burning Embers. The re-application of burning embers will cause you to be healed since the original DoT “ended”, and you’ll be maintaining the damage pressure on your opponent.
- Elemental Drain maintenance is very important for damage and sustain. Always make sure this ability is up on your opponent.
- When your opponent is rooted, stand behind them so they can’t hit you.
- Stunning someone before you use an ultimate will cause them to take the full brunt of your assault, so use Fossilize in those key moments.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
3/1/2019 – Build Created
5/22/2019 – Flame Lash changed to Molten Whip, Vampirism removed from build and back bar ult replaced with Spell Wall