Spell-Stitched – Magicka Necromancer PvP Build
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Resource Management, Rotation & Tips
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s light armor Magic Necromancer DPS PvP Build, Spell-Stitched, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for all kinds of PvP (both non-CP and CP), from Battlegrounds and Dueling, all the way to the front lines of Cyrodiil.
The Magic Necromancer is a class with massive amounts of potential, and with the introduction of the new and improved magic healing and DoT’s, it’s only going to get better. So what we have now, is high DoT damage, powerful burst combos, and the ability to blanket an entire team with ESO’s most powerful debuff, ya this class is growing on me a bit 🙂
So with that out of the way, let’s get into this build!
|Magicka Necromancer PvP Build – Final|
|Head||Balorgh||Heavy||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Vet March of Sacrifices|
|Gloves||Necropotence||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Necropotence||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Chest||Necropotence||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Necropotence||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Necropotence||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Elemental Succession||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Maelstrom Arena|
|Ring||Elemental Succession||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Maelstrom Arena|
|Ring||Elemental Succession||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery||Maelstrom Arena|
|Weapon 1||Elemental Succession||Lightning/Fire Staff||Nirnhoned||Magicka Drain Poison||Maelstrom Arena|
|Weapon 2||Mender's Ward||Restoration||Infused||Berserker||Blackrose Prison|
Necropotence: When pushing max stats, it’s hard to compete with Necropotence, that being said, if you are struggling to keep your pets up 100% of the time, Crafty Alfiq is the best alternative.
Elemental Succession: This set provides an obscene amount raw damage for all of your elemental damage, which just so happens to be all the damage you have!
Mender’s Ward: Major Vitality is a powerful defensive buff, especially on a class like Necromancer with access to this much healing. If you would like to run a different set, I’d recommend a Willpower staff.
Balorgh: With Necromancers dependence on ultimate abilities, Balorgh helps to make the most of your burst windows.
-If you fell too squishy, consider a defensive set in place of this-
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Destruction Staff:
- Elemental Drain
- Stalking Blastbones
- Intensive Mender
- Flame Clench (If using an Inferno Staff)
- Invigorating Drain (If using a Lightning Staff)
- Force Pulse
- (Ult) Glacial Colossus
Back Bar – Restoration Staff:
- Summoner’s Armor
- Race Against Time
- Healing Ward
- Mortal Coil
- Skeletal Arcanist
- (Ult) Life Giver
Vampire vs. Mortal
Vampirism is an option for this build, if you are using a lightning staff, Invigorating Drain serves as an excellent stun, and Mist Form can act as a replacement for Race Against Time if you are in need of extra durability.
CHAMPION POINT 810 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Elfborn: 56
- Elemental Expert: 56
- Spell Erosion: 37
- Master-at-Arms: 81
- Thaumaturge: 40
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Warlord: 56
- Sprinter: 11
- Arcanist: 75
- Tenacity: 27
- Tumbling: 81
- Shadow Ward: 20
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Ironclad: 66
- Resistant: 51
- Thick Skinned: 40
- Hardy: 43
- Elemental Defender: 43
- Quick Recovery: 27
Other Important Info
Witchmother’s Potent Brew: An amazing food for almost all magic classes and builds, Witchmother’s provides max health, max mana, and increased mana recovery.
Mage: Increased Maximum Magicka
Dark Elf (My Personal Character)
My favorite Mag race, Dark Elves provide increased stamina and mana, increased damage, and some fire resistance.
Similar to Dark Elves, High Elves provide increased damage and a high max mana pool, but you trade the increased stamina for stamina recovery and a small buff to your mana pool.
Breton is the sustain king of the magic races with the perks being increased max mana, increased mana recovery, and cost reduction on all magic skills.
-When running a Breton, you have the option of either replacing your mana recovery glyph with a damage glyph for more spell damage, or you can replace your food buff with tri-stat or bi-stat food to increase your overall stats-
- Essence of Spell Power: Restore Mana, Major Sorcery, Major Prophecy (Corn Flower, Lady’s Smock, Hater Hyacinth)
- Tri-Stat Potion: Restore Health, Mana, and Stamina (Columbine, Bugloss, and Mountain Flower)
- -Slot Degeneration in place of Skeletal Arcanist if you use these-
- Drain Mana Poison: Drain Mana (Bugloss and Lady’s Smock)
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all except the ones that require to wear 5 pieces), Destruction Staff (all except Tri-Focus), Undaunted (all), Psijic Order (all except the last), Raciel (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first)
Resource Management, Rotation & Tips
1) Maintain your pets at all times if able, Mender provides immense amounts of healing and Arcanist helps keep the pressure up on your enemies.
2) Blastbones behaves in a similar fashion to Nightblade’s Merciless Resolve or the Warden’s Shalks, it is your primary burst tool and all of your combos will revolve around landing it, so keep casting it as often as possible to maximize your burst opportunities.
3) Play to your strengths, Necromancer, like Warden, is a team focused class, and when in those situations taking the support role can provide an easy win for your group, spreading Healing Ward can provide near immortality to allies when supplementing their own heals, your ultimate abilities have team wide impact, and Blastbones does tremendous AOE damage.
4) When outnumbered, focus on sustain and survival, your main goal is to hold on until your ultimate is ready and you are able to flip the tide of battle.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Azrau about the build!
Alternatively if you would like to see this build in action or any other build I play, you can catch me live streaming over here on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/azraugaming every weekday.
5/22/2019 – Build created
6/3/2019 – Build overhauled after initial testing
6/7/2019 – Skills changed after more testing
8/15/2019 – Build overhauled for scalebreaker