Solo Magicka Nightblade PvE Build ESO – Crimson Death
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Resource Management & Rotation
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Solo Magicka Nightblade Build PvE, Crimson Death, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for playing solo PvE content, such as questing, public dungeons, Maelstrom Arena, etc.! This build is focused around the vampire skill line, utilizing some of the great skills and passives that the skill line has! The build is focused around blood bending, using your own life force and the life force of your enemies to deal damage and heal yourself! My goal with this vampire MagBlade build was to create a magicka nightblade build that could play solo effectively, but had strong thematic ties, so you will feel like a true vampire in ESO with this themed solo PvE build!
|Magicka Nightblade Solo PvE Build|
|Head||Law of Julianos||Medium||Divines||Magicka||Crafted|
|Shoulders||Valkyn Skoria||Light||Divines||Magicka||Undaunted Chest|
|Gloves||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Magicka||Crafted|
|Legs||Law of Julianos||Light||Divines||Magicka||Crafted|
|Chest||Mother’s Sorrow||Light||Divines||Magicka||Deshaan or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Mother’s Sorrow||Light||Divines||Magicka||Deshaan or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Mother’s Sorrow||Light||Divines||Magicka||Deshaan or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Mother’s Sorrow||Jewelry||Infused||Spell Damage||Deshaan or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Mother’s Sorrow||Jewelry||Infused||Spell Damage||Deshaan or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Ring of the Pale Order||Jewelry||Infused||Spell Damage||Antiquities|
|Weapon 1||Law of Julianos||Inferno Staff||Precise||Absorb Magicka||Crafted|
|Weapon 2||Crushing Wall||Inferno Staff||Infused||Berserker||Vet Maelstrom Arena|
Gear Set Explanation
Valkyn Skoria: Since we are wearing a mythic, we have 1 open gear slot. Valkyn Skoria fits this well by giving us extra penetration, allowing us to get through more of our enemies’ defenses.
Ring of the Pale Order: This set is the strongest mythic for solo PvE. We get passively healed as we deal damage, and none of the drawbacks of this set apply to use since this is a solo PvE build!
Law of Julianos: This is a standard crafted magicka DPS set. This set pairs well is Mother’s Sorrow for more critical rating which makes it easy to proc Iceheart, and it gives us some generic magicka & spell damage to give us a flat damage increase!
Mother’s Sorrow: This set works perfectly for magicka nightblade, allowing us to to gain a ton of additional damage via critical strikes, allowing us to take full advantage of the Hemorrhage passive. Combined with the Precise trait on our front bar and Major Prophecy from our potion, this allows us to have an insanely high crit rate!
Crushing Wall: The Maelstrom staff is the best staff to have on your back bar, giving us a big boost to our light and heavy attack damage to enemies in our Elemental Blockade. If you do not have this set, just use another Julianos staff on the back bar!
All points into magicka.
Front Bar – Destruction Staff: Blood for Blood, Impale, Merciless Resolve, Reaper’s Mark, Swallow Soul, Soul Harvest
Back Bar – Destruction Staff: Sap Essence, Elemental Blockade, Dark Shade, Siphoning Attacks, Harness Magicka, Swarming Scion
Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Mortal
For this build we are playing as a Vampire, as the build’s theme is based around it. However, I recommend staying at stage 1 or 2 so that your ability costs dont get too high.
The list below showcases the order in which champion points should be acquired, the number of points you need to place into that perk and whether or not it needs to be slotted in the CP bar. The Warfare CP perks increase your damage and mitigation and are the most important, the Fitness tree has some miscellaneous sustain and defensive perks and the Craft tree has crafting and non-combat bonuses. The Craft CP points are entirely customizable to however you want, or you can follow the list below.
CHAMPION POINT SETUP
- Precision – 20
- Fighting Finesse – 50 (Slotted)
- Piercing – 20
- Deadly Aim – 50 (Slotted)
- Master-at-Arms – 50 (Slotted)
- Reaving Blows – 50 (Slotted)
- Eldritch Insight – 20
- Flawless Ritual – 40
- War Mage – 30
- Quick Recovery – 20
- Preparation – 20
- Elemental Aegis – 20
- Hardy – 20
- Blessed – 20
- Tireless Discipline – 20
- Boundless Vitality – 50 (Slotted)
- Rejuvenation – 50 (Slotted)
- Tumbling – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 10
- Hero’s Vigor – 20
- Siphoning Spells – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortified – 50 (Slotted)
- Defiance – 20
- Tireless Guardian – 20
- Fortification – 30
- Hasty – 16
- Sprinter – 20
- Nimble Protector – 6
- Savage Defense – 30
- Bashing Brutality – 20
- Piercing Gaze – 30
- Steed’s Blessing – 50 (Slotted)
- Breakfall – 50
- Wanderer – 15
- Steadfast Enchantment – 50
- Rationer – 30 (Slotted)
- Liquid Efficiency – 75 (Slotted)
- Treasure Hunter – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortune’s Favor – 50
- Gilded Fingers – 50
- Soul Reservoir – 33
Other Important Info
Mistral Banana-Bunny Hash – Maximum Health and Magicka
The Thief – Increased Critical Chance
Breton – Definitely the best race for this build, as it helps mitigate some of the negative effects that vampire brings, offering us a nice amount of tankiness, damage via magicka, bust most importantly, an absolute boatload of sustain.
Essence of Spell Crit (Restore Health, Magicka and Major Prophecy)
(Bugloss, Lady’s Smock, Water Hyacinth)
NOTE: If your budget is tight, you can just use regular restore magicka potions!
Class (all), Light Armor (All), Medium Armor (all), Destruction Staff (all), Vampire (All), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use)
Resource Management & Rotation
- Open a fight with Sap Essence, and then maintain Elemental Blockade, Dark Shade, Siphoning Attack & Merciless Resolve at all times. In addition, maintain Reaper’s Mark on your primary target (so that when it dies you get the heal and major berserk). These things will maximize the build’s offensive/defensive potential.
- When you have all of your buffs up and DoTs on your enemy, you’re going to want to use a light attack and then Swallow Soul to get the skill’s HoT on yourself, and then swap over to light attack weaving with Blood for Blood. When your target is below 25% health, Impale becomes your spammable. In an AoE situation with a lot of enemies, use Sap Essence as your spammable, but be careful as this can be a bit magicka intensive. When your Merciless Resolve hits 5 stacks and turns into Assassin’s Will, use it as that is your big burst skill and it gives a nice heal!
- If you take or know you are going to take a big chunk of damage, use Harness Magicka to help absorb some of it!
- You can use either ultimate that you want on this build! Soul Harvest is going to be good for short bursts of damage combined with Assassin’s Will, while Swarming Scion will turn you into an absolute juggernaut, making you tanky and giving you amazing AoE pressure via Bat Swarm.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
5/22/2020 – Build created.
5/27/2020 – no changes from PTS to live build.
8/24/2020 – no changes for stonethorn
11/2/2020 – no changes for markarth
3/8/2021 – updated CP for flames of ambition
6/2/2021 – changed gear, vamp stage, cp and mundus
8/23/2021- updated gear
11/1/2021 – changed traits, changed mist form to harness magicka, added maelstrom staff back bar
3/14/2022- added ring of the pale order to the build
6/6/2022- no changes for high isle
8/22/2022- no changes for lost depths
11/9/2022 – no changes for firesong