BDO Top 10 Tips for New Players
Black Desert Online has a lot of aspects to it and it can be daunting to get into as a new player, but this video will give you guys my TOP 10 tips on how to get started in BDO as a newbie! If you want to find a quick version of the video with just the tips listed, you can find them below!
- Follow the main quest.
- Make sure you do things when you’re afk! (Fish, walk around, carry pack).
- Sell things you don’t need as a newbie!
- Eat food on cooldown .
- Don’t bind combo skills
- Talk to all NPCs with a ? above their head to gain knowledge and energy.
- Join a guild.
- Stay on the Olvia servers as long as you can!
- Making alts is a good thing!
- Marathon not a sprint.
The 10 tips listed above are still totally relevant in 2021! But, for this year, I wanted to give you guys 10 brand new tips to build off of the original 10. These go in depth a little bit more with certain things involved in the transition from being a brand new player to the “mid game”, and hopefully you find them to be helpful!
- Getting your pets and fairy are very important! (loot, extra perks, etc).
- Spend pearls wisely (prioritize account-wide things such as value pack, pets, maids/butlers, campsite. If you have extra, look to get inventory space and weight)
- Complete the adventure logs for additional stats!
- Getting a good horse is extremely important (T8 non-courser, prioritizing sprint, drift and instant acceleration)
- Setup a node, housing and worker system that works for your needs!
- When there are active season servers, make new characters on those servers.
- Oasis vendor is a good way to get good items for cheap!
- Turn the Naru gear from your questing into Narchillian gear.
- Get The Infinite Potion!
- Get the shared Family Inventory and store consumables worker food, pet food and horse food in that storage!