Veneficus – Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build
Build Written By: Kami – XB1 NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Contact Info
- Rotation & Resource Management
- Tips & Misc.
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Sorcerer PVP Build, Veneficus, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is meant for dueling, overland Cyrodiil, and small group play in Imperial City. It can 1vX, but you must play it carefully. Dueling with this build is very enjoyable, because of the high sustain and damage it has. While overland Cyrodiil may not be your favorite place to go PvP in, I find it is still fun to be in while playing with this build. Imperial City is a lot of fun, because of the small group fighting that occurs in it. In battlegrounds, it’s decent. It does what it is supposed to do, but it is definitely not the best non-cp build. I find Magicka Sorcerer to be a very fun class to play and the play style is very enjoyable in my experience. I hope we can share the same feelings about it.
|Magicka Sorcerer PvP Build Gear|
|Head||Infernal Guardian||Light||Infused||Magicka||Vet City of Ash 1|
|Shoulders||Infernal Guardian||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Undaunted Chest|
|Necklace||Necropotence||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Necropotence||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Necropotence||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 1||The Master's Inferno Staff||Fire||Nirnhoned||Absorb Magicka||Vet Dragonstar Arena|
|Weapon 2||Necropotence||Restoration||Infused||Spell Damage||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
Note: The back bar 5 piece is a dead spot, Necropotence is being run though due to how much maximum magicka it provides.
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Fire Staff: Flame Reach, Haunting Curse, Crystal Fragments, Mage’s Fury, Degeneration, and Ice Comet/Shooting Star(your choice of morph)
Back Bar – Restoration Staff: Streak/Ball of Lightning(your choice of morph), Healing Ward, Dark Conversion, Harness Magicka, Hardened Ward, and Light’s Champion
Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Mortal
I do not recommend being a Vampire because of the damage changes to light and heavy attacks, however if you feel you absolutely need the extra recovery then become a Vampire.
CHAMPION POINT 780 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Elfborn – 56
- Spell Erosion – 68
- Elemental Expert – 64
- Master-at-Arms – 72
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Warlord – 23
- Mooncalf – 64
- Arcanist – 64
- Tenacity – 53
- Tumbling – 54
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Light Armor Focus – 13
- Thick Skinned – 66
- Ironclad – 48
- Resistant – 58
- Bastion – 75
CHAMPION POINT 375 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Elfborn – 37
- Spell Erosion – 24
- Elemental Expert – 27
- Master-at-Arms – 37
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Tenacity – 28
- Arcanist – 37
- Mooncalf – 37
- Tumbling – 23
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Resistant – 38
- Ironclad – 23
- Thick skinned – 23
- Bastion – 41
Other Important Info
Witchmother’s Potent Brew – Max Health, Max Magicka, and Magicka Recovery
Apprentice – Increased Spell Damage
- Tri-Stat Potions (Bugloss, Columbine and Mountain Flower)
- Escapist Poison (Columbine, Lady’s Smock, Namira’s Rot)
All in the class trees, Destruction Staff, Restoration Staff, Light Armor, Mages Guild, and Racial skill lines.
Rotation & Resource Management
- Defense – Before you start fighting, start applying your buffs. I start with shields because they are not affected by Spell Damage, so using a spell power buff before using them is a waste of time. When you start to get about 40%-30% magicka, I recommend using a potion, whether that be a Tri-Pot, Immovability Potion, or whatever potion you are using. Make sure that potion returns magicka to you though. When stacking your shields, it is important to know what shield takes damage first. The shield applied first takes damage first. I start with Hardened Ward and then use Harness Magicka. I do this because the bigger shield will protect me more if someone tries to burst as I go to stack my shields. When I get low health, I use Hardened Ward, then I use Healing Ward, and I finish with Harness Magicka. This, I find, to be the most optimal way to stack shields.
- Offense – After applying your buffs, start setting up your burst. Your burst is as follows: Degeneration LA Haunting Curse LA Endless Fury LA Stun(Destructive Reach/Rune Cage) LA Crystal Fragments. This is a strong burst, one of highest in ESO. If you have your ultimate ready the burst is as follows: Degeneration LA Haunting Curse LA Ice Comet LA Endless Fury LA Stun(Destructive Reach/Rune Cage) LA Crystal Fragments. If your target is not dead from this, then they should be low enough for you to use Degeneration to hope for a Crystal Frag proc to finish them off while they are trying to recover.
Tips & Misc.
- When fighting tanks or healers, try to get them to drain their resources and then hit them with your burst.
- When fighting magicka builds, try to get your opponent’s stamina low, that way when you go to burst them they can’t break the stun and get hit by all of hit.
- When fighting stamina builds, try to time your burst around their buffs. If you notice them let their buffs go away and they don’t immediately apply them again, keep track of their dodge-chance buff and/or resistance buff to burst them down whenever they let them go down. If they don’t let them go down, then slowly whittle away at them till you kill them.
- If you’re outnumbered, then try to burst down the lowest level opponent because they will be the easiest kill unless they are a tank or a healer.
- Once all of the low levels are dead, then focus on low max health or light armor targets.
- If you’re in a group, then focus another target other than the tank. You will have the highest chance of killing him when he’s by himself. Try to coordinate your ultimate with your groupmates’ ultimates to kill the targets of high priority, which would be the healer. If they don’t have a designated healer, then communicate with your groupmates to decide on someone to focus together.
- If you can’t get a Master’s Inferno Staff, use a Necropotence Inferno with the same trait and enchant till you can get it.
- If you feel you need more Magicka sustain, change some enchants on the jewelry for Magicka Recovery, if you feel you still need more, switch Necropotence for Lich(using same traits and enchants).
- If you want to use Dual Wield then switch out your Destruction Staff for two Spinner’s Swords (main-hand Nirnhoned off-hand Sharpened), and switch your jewelry for Spinner’s jewelry. The jewelry will have the same enchantments as the Destro/Resto jewelry. The swords will have an Absorb Magicka enchant on the main-hand and Decrease Health enchant on the off-hand.
- If you do not have Mage’s Guild at level 10, then I would swap Ice Comet/Shooting Star for Dawnbreaker of Smiting from the Fighters Guild skill line until you level Mage’s Guild to level 10. You can opt out Light’s Champion for Energy Overload for an extra bar. On that bar, you would use the following abilities: Boundless Storm, Daedric Minefield, Dark Conversion, Harness Magicka, Hardened Ward, and Energy Overload. You can also switch for Light’s Champion for Greater Storm Atronach.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Kami about the build!
9/7/2017 – Build created.
11/13/2017 – Updated for CWC: CP allocation edited for new cap and Force Pulse changed to destructive clench.
3/10/2018 – Updated CP for dragon bones
5/23/2018 – Build overhauled for summerset isles
9/4/2018 – CP Updated for Wolfhunter
DISCLAIMER: The image used for this article’s thumbnail is taken from the Magic the Gathering trading card game, created and owned by Wizards of the Coast, the copyright of which is held by Wizards of the Coast and the creating artist, Clint Cearley. All trademarks and registered trademarks present in the image associated are proprietary to Wizards of the Coast and the creating artist, and the inclusion of them on this website does not imply affiliation with Dottz Gaming. The use of the image is believed to fall under the “fair use” clause of the United States of America copyright law. If there are any issues with the image’s inclusion on this website please contact Dottz Gaming and it will be removed at your request.