Solo Magicka Warden PvE Build ESO – Cryomancer
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Patch: Waking Flame
Table of Contents
- Resource Management & Rotation
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Solo Magicka Warden Build PvE, Cryomancer, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for playing solo PvE content, such as questing, public dungeons, Maelstrom Arena, etc.! This build is focused around frost damage, and the magicka warden is the class best equipped to due this! Their Winter’s Embrace line allows them to add a ton of additional great frost based skills to their weapon bars, truly giving you that feel of a frost-caster while you play it! This build has great survivability and strong damage, making it an awesome choice for solo’ing in PvE! My goal with this MagDen build was to create a magicka warden build that could play solo effectively, but had strong thematic ties, so you will be causing your enemies to freeze in their tracks with this themed solo PvE build!
|Magicka Warden Solo PvE Build|
|Head||Iceheart||Heavy||Divines||Magicka||Vet Direfrost Keep|
|Gloves||Necropotence||Light||Divines||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Necropotence||Light||Divines||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Chest||Necropotence||Light||Divines||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Necropotence||Light||Divines||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Necropotence||Light||Divines||Magicka||Rivenspire or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Frostbite||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Frostbite||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Frostbite||Jewelry||Infused||Magicka Recovery||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 1||Frostbite||Frost Staff||Precise||Frost||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 2||Crushing Wall||Frost Staff||Infused||Absorb Magicka||Vet Maelstrom Arena|
Gear Set Explanation
Iceheart: This set is one of the strongest sets for solo PvE and also plays perfectly into our build’s theme. We get a strong damage shield every time we deal critical damage (which adds a ton of survivability) and a solid frost damage AoE while that shield holds. There is no better monster mask set for a build like this!
Necropotence: One of the best magicka damage sets for any build that runs pets. This set gives us an absolutely massive boost to our maximum magicka as long as we have a pet active, and we always will with Blue Betty.
Frostbite: This set works perfectly for our build, since we have such a huge focus on Frost Damage! This gives us a huge boost to all of our frost damage, and is one of the stronger sets for a frost damage centric playstyle!
Crushing Wall: The Maelstrom staff is the best staff to have on your back bar, giving us a big boost to our light and heavy attack damage to enemies in our Elemental Blockade. If you do not have this set, just use another Ysgramor’s staff on the back bar!
All points into magicka.
Front Bar – Destruction Staff: Force Pulse, Deep Fissure, Destructive Reach, Bird of Prey, Harness Magicka, Ice Comet
Back Bar – Destruction Staff: Elemental Blockade, Winter’s Revenge, Arctic Blast, Ice Fortress, Blue Betty, Northern Storm
Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Mortal
For this build we are playing as a Mortal. This build doesn’t need anything that the vampire skill line gives us, and werewolf provides no benefit to magicka builds.
The list below showcases the order in which champion points should be acquired, the number of points you need to place into that perk and whether or not it needs to be slotted in the CP bar. The Warfare CP perks increase your damage and mitigation and are the most important, the Fitness tree has some miscellaneous sustain and defensive perks and the Craft tree has crafting and non-combat bonuses. The Craft CP points are entirely customizable to however you want, or you can follow the list below.
CHAMPION POINT SETUP
- Precision – 20
- Fighting Finesse – 50 (Slotted)
- Piercing – 20
- Deadly Aim – 50 (Slotted)
- Master-at-Arms – 50 (Slotted)
- Reaving Blows – 50 (Slotted)
- Eldritch Insight – 20
- Battle Mastery – 40
- Mighty – 30
- Quick Recovery – 20
- Preparation – 20
- Elemental Aegis – 20
- Hardy – 20
- Blessed – 20
- Tireless Discipline – 20
- Boundless Vitality – 50 (Slotted)
- Rejuvenation – 50 (Slotted)
- Tumbling – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 10
- Hero’s Vigor – 20
- Siphoning Spells – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortified – 50 (Slotted)
- Defiance – 20
- Tireless Guardian – 20
- Fortification – 30
- Hasty – 16
- Sprinter – 20
- Nimble Protector – 6
- Savage Defense – 30
- Bashing Brutality – 20
- Piercing Gaze – 30
- Steed’s Blessing – 50 (Slotted)
- Breakfall – 50
- Wanderer – 15
- Steadfast Enchantment – 50
- Rationer – 30 (Slotted)
- Liquid Efficiency – 75 (Slotted)
- Treasure Hunter – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortune’s Favor – 50
- Gilded Fingers – 50
- Soul Reservoir – 33
Other Important Info
- As a Breton: Mistral Banana-Bunny Hash – Maximum Health and Magicka
- As a High Elf or other race: Witchmother’s Potent Brew – Maximum Health, Magicka and Magicka Recovery
The Thief – Increased Critical Damage
- Breton (tankiest option & best sustain, my personal recommendation)
- High Elf (highest damage)
Essence of Spell Crit (Restore Health, Magicka and Major Prophecy)
(Bugloss, Lady’s Smock, Water Hyacinth)
NOTE: If your budget is tight, you can just use regular restore magicka potions!
Class (all), Light Armor (All), Medium Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all), Destruction Staff (all except Tri-Focus), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Mage’s Guild (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use)
Resource Management & Rotation
- Maintain Elemental Blockade, Winter’s Revenge, Ice Fortress, Blue Betty and Frost Reach to maintain the build’s maximum offensive/defensive potential.
- When you have all of your buffs up and DoTs on your enemy, you’re going to want to use Deep Fissure, light attack weave with Force Pulse until the Deep Fissure goes off, and then rinse and repeat this until you need to refresh your buffs/debuffs.
- If you take a big chunk of damage, use Arctic Blast to give yourself a big heal and add another Frost Damage AoE to your arsenal!
- Northern Storm is going to be your primary ultimate for both offense and defense. Shooting Star is primarily slotted for the magicka & magicka recovery boost from the mage’s guild passives.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
5/22/2020 – Build created.
5/30/2020 – no changes for greymoor
8/24/2020 – no changes for stonethorn
11/2/2020 – no changes for markarth
3/8/2021 – updated CP for flames of ambition
3/19/2021 – changed inner light to harness magicka
6/2/2021 – cp and mundus updated
8/23/2021 – updated gear