Inferno – Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Dragonknight Build PvP, Inferno, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, dueling, and Imperial City. This build can be played in both CP and no-CP pvp without any changes to the build!
After testing an absolute boat-load of builds this patch, I’ve come to the conclusion that builds that lean heavily into offensive prowess are the way to go for magicka dragonknight. Unfortunately, our base tooltips in Dragonhold/Harrowstorm have been lowered enough by the DoT nerfs that the old style of build where you apply your DoTs and wear down your opponents just doesnt work well anymore (in my opinion). This build leans fully into the burst potential that magicka dragonknight has, focusing on getting huge whip/leap combos to burst down our opponents, with supporting skills to augment that burst as much as possible! This build has fantastic sustain, amazing burst damage, and just enough survivability to be able to get its damage off. This build is squishy so it definitely will take some practice to get used to, but once you do, you’ll truly be able to unleash an inferno on your opponents!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build|
|Head||Bloodspawn||Heavy||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Vet Spindleclutch 2|
|Gloves||Crafty Alfiq||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Elsweyr or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Crafty Alfiq||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Elsweyr or Guild Trader|
|Chest||Crafty Alfiq||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Elsweyr or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Crafty Alfiq||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Elsweyr or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Crafty Alfiq||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Elsweyr or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Grace of the Ancients||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Grace of the Ancients||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Grace of the Ancients||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 1||Willpower||Flame Staff||Charged||Shock||Imperial City or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 2||Blessing of the Potentates||Restoration Staff||Infused||Weapon & Spell Damage||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
- Blood Spawn: A staple magicka dragon knight set, this monster set gives us a ton of additional resistances when it procs, and grants us ultimate (which is essentially sustain for a dragon knight because of battle roar).
- Crafty Alfiq: This set gives an incredible amount of magicka, augmenting both our damage and healing. Since its just a pure stat set, we dont have to wait for any procs to go off, we will have this extra power at all times!
- Grace of the Ancients: This set adds on to the huge amount of magicka we get from Crafty Alfiq, further stacking our magicka pool higher and higher! Running this on the jewelry also allows us to run two different 2 piece bonuses on our front/back bar.
- Willpower: Between this set’s big boost to our magicka pool for its 2 piece bonus and what we get from Grace of the Ancients, we get almost as much magicka as we do from the full set of Crafty Alfiq! Grace of the Ancients and Willpower combined with our food choice (Sugar Skulls) also gives more damage than Bright-Throat’s Boast and using Spring-Loaded Infusion, so it is the superior choice for a magicka stack damage wise! Bright-Throat’s Boast and the Mara drink would give more damage, but your stamina pool would be nearly non-existent which is obviously not good. In my opinion, Ancient Grace and Willpower is the way to go, and we are also able to run a defensive 2 piece back bar.
- Potentates: This set was the key for unlocking this build’s defensive potential. Originally I was running another Willpower staff back bar for the big healing tooltips, but when I would play solo outnumbered I would just get ripped to shreds on my back bar. Using Potentates gives us some much needed damage mitigation back bar, allowing us to survive longer so we can hit our burst combos on take down our opponents!
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Destruction Staff: Molten Whip, Burning Embers, Shattering Rocks, Elemental Drain, Engulfing Flames, Ferocious Leap
Back Bar – Restoration Staff: Degeneration, Coagulating Blood, Rapid Regeneration, Volatile Armor, Elusive Mist, Temporal Guard
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build I recommend playing a vampire. Mist Form in my opinion allows squishy magicka builds to kite really well, giving us 75% mitigation while we are in Mist Form as well as unimpeded major expedition. This allows us to kite while taking minimal damage and save our stamina for key dodge rolls and breaking free. The only thing you need to be very careful for is other high damage fire builds and Dawnbreaker, since they will hit this build hard.
CHAMPION POINT 810 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Blessed – 32
- Elfborn – 56
- Spell Erosion – 37
- Elemental Expert – 64
- Master-at-Arms – 81
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Siphoner – 1
- Warlord – 66
- Arcanist – 75
- Tenacity – 43
- Tumbling – 72
- Shadow Ward – 13
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Ironclad – 66
- Resistant – 48
- Thick Skinned – 37
- Light Armor Focus – 6
- Hardy – 49
- Elemental Defender – 32
- Quick Recovery – 32
Other Important Info
Bewitched Sugar Skulls / Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce: Maximum Health, Magicka and Stamina
Apprentice – Increased Spell Damage
NOTE: Even though we use a magicka stack for the build, the Apprentice mundus gives more damage than the Mage, so that’s why we run it.
Breton – Breton has become one of my favorite magicka pvp races for this patch, especially MagDK. Breton allows us to budget for more damage in our build because of the 7% cost reduction and 100 magicka recovery it passively provides. Besides the great regen, we also get a big boost to our magicka and a ton of extra resistances. With sustain being as rough as it is on magDK right now, I personally wouldnt run another race besides Breton for this build.
Essence of Spell Crit (Restore Health, Magicka and Major Prophecy)
(Bugloss, Lady’s Smock, Water Hyacinth)
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Medium Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Restoration Staff (all), Destruction Staff (all), Vampire (all except Savage Feeding), Mages Guild (all), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Psijic Order (Clairvoyance and Concentrated Barrier), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first passive)
Tips & Misc.
- Maintain your buffs to maximize the amount of tankiness and damage potential that the build offers.
- Your goal combo is to (while all buffs/debuffs are up) get Molten Whip up to 3 stacks, hit your target with Leap, and finish them off with your empowered whip! If your opponent keeps blocking your leap or you dont have your ultimate up, use Shattering Rocks to initiate the combo.
- If you need a heal in a pinch and don’t have an ultimate or a potion up, re-apply Burning Embers. The re-application of burning embers will cause you to be healed since the original DoT “ended”, and you’ll be maintaining the damage pressure on your opponent.
- Elemental Drain maintenance is very important for damage and sustain. Always make sure this ability is up on your opponent.
- Stunning someone before you use an ultimate will cause them to take the full brunt of your assault, so use Shattering Rocks in those key moments.
- Healing is this builds main form of defense. When you’re taking a lot of pressure, use Elusive Mist to get out of LOS, and then apply Rapid Regeneration to yourself. If you’re really low, you can Coagulating Blood as well. Also, applying Rapid Regeneration before your opponent goes offensive can help out-heal a portion of their burst between the heals on your front bar and this skill!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
2/24/2020 – Build created (used old build name)
2/27/2020 – Build totally changed after testing
DISCLAIMER: The image used for this article’s thumbnail is taken from the Elder Scrolls Legends online trading card game, created and owned by Bethesda Softworks and Direwolf Digital, the copyright of which is held by Bethesda Softworks and Direwolf Digital. All trademarks and registered trademarks present in the image associated are proprietary to Bethesda Softworks and Direwolf Digital, and the inclusion of them on this website does not imply affiliation with Dottz Gaming. The use of the image is believed to fall under the “fair use” clause of the United States of America copyright law. If there are any issues with the image’s inclusion on this website please contact Dottz Gaming and it will be removed at your request.