Magicka Dragonknight PvP Build ESO – Inferno
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Patch: Update 40
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log & Disclaimer/Credits
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Dragon Knight DPS PvP Build, Inferno, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, dueling, and Imperial City. This build can be played in CP Cyrodiil, Imperial City and battlegrounds!
Magicka Dragonknight has moved in a very weird direction over the last couple of patches. Gone are the days where we were a tanky DoT brawler due to the MagDK DoT kit being nerfed to a shadow of its former self. Instead, we have moved into a more burst oriented setup, focused on dealing a large amount of damage in a concentrated window. We look to deal massive crit damage with several damage modifiers and crit modifiers to output a ton of damage. While not as strong as it’s been previously, MagDK is definitely still feeling very solid! This setup still has fantastic damage, tankiness, mobility, sustain, and can perform very well in a variety of PvP environments. It will definitely take some practice learning to line up all of your buffs with the burst window, but when you can do that, the build can output a shocking amount of damage.
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Dragonknight PvP Build|
|Head||Bloodspawn||Heavy||Divines||Prismatic||Vet Spindleclutch 2|
|Gloves||Rallying Cry||Light||Divines||Prismatic||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Essence Thief||Medium||Impenetrable||Prismatic||White-Gold Tower|
|Chest||Armor of the Trainee||Heavy||Reinforced||Prismatic||Any starting zone or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Rallying Cry||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Rallying Cry||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Essence Thief||Jewelry||Swift||Magical Harm||White-Gold Tower|
|Ring||Essence Thief||Jewelry||Swift||Magical Harm||White-Gold Tower|
|Ring||Markyn Ring of Majesty||Jewelry||Infused||Reduce Spell Cost||Antiquities|
|Weapon 1||Essence Thief||1h Axe||Nirnhoned||Flame||White-Gold Tower|
|Offhand 1||Essence Thief||1h Dagger||Charged||Absorb Magicka||Crafted|
|Weapon 2||Rallying Cry||Ice Staff||Precise or Defending||Berserker||Cyrodiil or Guild Trader|
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Dual Wield: Molten Whip, Burning Embers, Shattering Rocks, Noxious Breath, Flames of Oblivion, Ferocious Leap
Back Bar – Ice Staff: Igneous Weapons, Resolving Vigor, Coagulating Blood, Volatile Armor, Race Against Time, Temporal Guard
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build you play as stage 3 vampire to gain access to the undeath passive. This passive is needed to achieve a level of tankiness that the build needs to brawl it out and stay in combat as long as possible.
The list below showcases the order in which champion points should be acquired, the number of points you need to place into that perk and whether or not it needs to be slotted in the CP bar. The Warfare CP perks increase your damage and mitigation and are the most important, the Fitness tree has some miscellaneous sustain and defensive perks and the Craft tree has crafting and non-combat bonuses. The Craft CP points are entirely customizable to however you want, or you can follow the list below.
CHAMPION POINT SETUP
- Eldritch Insight – 20
- Piercing – 20
- Master-at-Arms – 50 (Slotted)
- Deadly Aim – 50 (Slotted)
- Precision – 20
- Fighting Finesse – 50 (Slotted)
- Quick Recovery – 20
- Elemental Aegis – 20
- Hardy – 20
- Ironclad – 50 (Slotted)
- Blessed – 20
- Tireless Discipline – 20
- Flawless Ritual – 40
- War Mage – 30
- Preparation – 20
- Boundless Vitality – 50 (Slotted)
- Tumbling – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 10
- Sustained by Suffering – 50 (Slotted)
- Pain’s Refuge – 50 (Slotted)
- Survival Instincts – 50 (Slotted)
- Hero’s Vigor – 20
- Defiance – 20
- Tireless Guardian – 20
- Fortification – 30
- Nimble Protector – 6
- Savage Defense – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 40
- Bashing Brutality – 20
- Hasty – 16
- Sprinter – 20
- Piercing Gaze – 30
- Steed’s Blessing – 50 (Slotted)
- Breakfall – 50
- Wanderer – 15
- Steadfast Enchantment – 50
- Rationer – 30 (Slotted)
- Liquid Efficiency – 75 (Slotted)
- Treasure Hunter – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortune’s Favor – 50
- Gilded Fingers – 50
- Soul Reservoir – 33
Other Important Info
Orzorga’s Red Frothgar: Maximum Health and Magicka Recovery
Shadow – Increased Critical Damage & Healing
Khajiit: This is my favorite race for this build. Since I added in some crit focus for this setup, we want as many crit damage augmentations as we can get, and Khajiit offers us a massive 12% increase to our crit damage and healing (which rivals some 5 piece set bonuses). However, If you don’t want to be a Khajiit, you do not have to be! If you want to play a different race, simply adjust your front bar weapons (you wont need the daggers if you’re not playing a Khajiit), mundus and jewelry enchants as needed to suit your race.
Magicka Potions (Minor Heroism, Stamina Restoration, Magicka Restoration)
Dragon Rheum, Dragon’s Blood, and Columbine
These potions are VERY expensive. If you cant afford these, regular Tri-Stat potions will work okay but your sustain will be iffy, and you may want to consider another race with more sustain.
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all), Medium Armor (all), Destruction Staff (all except tri-focus), Dual Wield (all except Controlled Fury), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first), Psijic Order (Clairvoyance and Concentrated barrier), Vampire (all except the last passive)
Tips & Misc.
- Maintain your buffs & debuffs/DoTs to maximize the amount of tankiness and damage potential that the build offers.
- Your Coagulating Blood is your bread and butter burst heal; use it when you’re taking massive amounts of pressure. However, you also want to utilize Resolving Vigor for if you need a small amount of healing and to augment your burst heal, allowing you to top your HP off.
- Stunning someone before you use your 3 stack Molten Whip will cause them to take the full brunt of your assault, so use Shattering Rocks or Leap in those key moments.
- Use Race Against Time to remove snares from yourself to be able to move to LoS. Additionally, using it prior to your burst will give you minor force, allowing you to hit for maximum critical damage!
- Try to get Molten Whip to 3 stacks before you use it. Typically you wont have an issue getting to 3 stacks with how we have our front bar setup. Flames of Oblivion is essentially your “spammable” to get you to 2 stacks (assuming you dont need to use Noxious), and then use Chains before you hit the 3 stack whip.
- The key to this build is making sure that you maintain your damage buff from Essence Thief and your defensive Rallying Cry buff. You should almost always try and pick up the essence thief pool unless it’s going to put you in a dangerous situation. In addition, I recommend getting an addon to track your Rallying Cry buff so you know when it’s about to fall off, since maintaining this is crucial for your tankiness.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
2/24/2020 – Build created (used old build name)
2/27/2020 – Build totally changed after testing
11/16/2021 – build brought out of archives and updated for deadlands
1/6/2022- updated the build to reflect what I’m currently wearing
3/14/2022- changed enchants from spell damage to weapon damage
6/9/2022- changed skills, weapons, monster helm, vamp stage and enchants
8/24/2022 – changed armor weights, skills, weapons and enchants
11/9/2022 – no changes for firesong
3/27/2023- build overhauled for scribes of fate
6/11/2023- build overhauled for necrom
8/24/2023- no changes for update 39
11/6/2023 – updated front bar weapon trait, added optional back bar weapon trait