Inferno – Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Dragon Knight DPS PvP Build, Inferno, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, dueling, and Imperial City. This build can be played in both CP and no-CP pvp without any changes to the build!
Scalebreaker introduced an insanely high damage meta into the game, especially for magicka. The damage over time skills available to magicka scale incredibly well with stats, so by going into a full glass cannon damage build, you’re able to melt people incredibly fast, all while keeping your health topped off due to the strength of your HoTs. This build focuses on getting a huge spike in spell damage while drinking a potion and going into your burst, all while your DoTs just tick away the enemies health.
Huge shoutout to my friend Azrau for helping me put this build together and throwing around ideas with me!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build|
|Head||Bloodspawn||Light||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Vet Spindleclutch 2|
|Belt||Burning Spellweave||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||City of Ash|
|Boots||Burning Spellweave||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||City of Ash|
|Necklace||Burning Spellweave||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||City of Ash|
|Ring||Burning Spellweave||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||City of Ash|
|Ring||Burning Spellweave||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||City of Ash|
|Weapon 1||Clever Alchemist||Inferno||Infused||Weapon & Spell Damage||Crafted|
|Weapon 2||Precise Regeneration||Restoration Staff||Defending||Absorb Magicka||Veteran Maelstrom Arena|
- Destruction Staff & Restoration Staff: Weapons changed a lot with the Scalebreaker patch. We absolutely need a restoration staff on our back bar to gain access to a powerful HoT. Without it, you expend way too much magicka trying to counter the insane pressure that DoTs put out this patch. We go destro front bar to gain access to Elemental Drain for damage and sustain, as well as the brand new DoT in the skill line (as well as the great passives).
- Blood Spawn: A staple magicka dragon knight set, this monster set gives us a ton of additional resistances when it procs, and grants us ultimate (which is essentially sustain for a dragon knight because of battle roar).
- Burning Spellweave: This set gives an incredible amount of spell damage while applying the burning status effect. This helps proc combustion, adds another DoT to the build and makes our damage and healing stronger!
- Clever Alchemist: This set is perfect for a single bar set on a burst build. You get an insane amount of spell damage when you drink your potion; combined with BSW you can hit really high spell damage numbers and absolutely crush your opponents with your ultimate combo!
- Precise Regeneration: Really useful for keeping your magicka sustained. Some of our skills this patch got a cost increase, so having the vMA resto staff to restore magicka on crits will help make up for that! Plus, since we only need alchemist on 1 bar, we can easily fit this into the build!
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Flame Staff: Flame Lash, Burning Embers, Fossilize, Elemental Drain, Engulfing Flames, Ferocious Leap
Back Bar – Restoration Staff: Degeneration, Coagulating Blood, Rapid Regeneration, Volatile Armor, Elusive Mist, Temporal Guard
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build I recommend playing a vampire. The 10% extra recoveries and undeath from being a vampire are nice and compliment the gar we are wearing very nicely. Plus, I wanted to use Mist Form again as my root/snare break since I’m no longer a fan of wings, and I wanted a defensive skill here. It’s not mandatory though – if you dont like vampirism, feel free to run Reflective Plate/Race Against Time for your snare/root break.
CHAMPION POINT 810 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Blessed – 19
- Elfborn – 56
- Spell Erosion – 38
- Elemental Expert – 64
- Master-at-Arms – 56
- Thaumaturge – 37
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Warlord – 66
- Siphoner – 23
- Sprinter – 2
- Tenacity – 43
- Arcanist – 75
- Tumbling – 61
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Ironclad – 56
- Resistant – 53
- Thick Skinned – 56
- Hardy – 43
- Elemental Defender – 43
- Quick Recovery – 19
Other Important Info
Longfin Pasty with Melon Sauce: Maximum Health, Magicka and Stamina
Apprentice – Increased Spell Damage
Breton – Breton has become one of my favorite magicka pvp races for this patch, especially MagDK. Between Breton, Light Armor and Elemental Drain, you literally dont need any other sources of regen in the build. Besides the great regen, we also get a big boost to our magicka and a ton of extra resistances.
Essence of Spell Critical (Major Prophecy, Health and Magicka)
Bugloss, Water Hyacinth, Lady’s Smock
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Medium Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Restoration Staff (all), Destruction Staff (all), Mages Guild (all), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Vampirism (all except savage feeding), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first), Psijic Order (Clairvoyance and Concentrated Barrier)
Tips & Misc.
- Maintain your buffs to maximize the amount of tankiness and damage potential that the build offers.
- Your offense is also your defense. If you need a BIG heal in a pinch and don’t have an ultimate or a potion up, re-apply Burning Embers or try to set your opponent up for a power lash. The re-application of burning embers will cause you to be healed since the original DoT “ended”, and you’ll be maintaining the damage pressure on your opponent.
- Elemental Drain maintenance is very important for damage and sustain. Always make sure this ability is up on your opponent.
- Stunning someone before you use an ultimate will cause them to take the full brunt of your assault, so use Fossilize in those key moments.
- Maintaining your HoTs and DoTs is critical this patch to make sure you’re not only dealing maximum damage, but not getting worn down by the DoTs of your enemies.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
5/29/2019 – Build created
8/16/2019 – Build overhauled for Scalebreaker
9/12/2019 – Structured Entropy changed to Degen
DISCLAIMER: The image used for this article’s thumbnail is taken from Guild Wars 2, created and owned by ArenaNet and NCSOFT, the copyright of which is held by ArenaNet and NCSOFT. All trademarks and registered trademarks present in the image associated are proprietary to ArenaNet and NCSOFT, and the inclusion of them on this website does not imply affiliation with Dottz Gaming. The use of the image is believed to fall under the “fair use” clause of the United States of America copyright law. If there are any issues with the image’s inclusion on this website please contact Dottz Gaming and it will be removed at your request.