Sword/Warhammer PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Sword Warhammer New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
The Sword Hatchet build is a bruiser pvp build, utilizing the Sword and Warhammer for two tanky weapon bars. With the way this build is setup, both the Warhammer and the Sword and Shield are used for high amounts of crowd control and defensive mitigation. If you’re looking for a true PvP tank style setup, this will serve you well!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Head||Sentry||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Chest||Sentry||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Gloves||Sentry||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Legs||Sentry||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Boots||Sentry||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Soldier||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Soldier||Sword||Keenly Fortified||Jasper||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Soldier||Warhammer||Keen||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Heavy): Heavy armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. While typically I don’t use heavy armor, builds like this are an exception. Heavy armor helps the sword and shield a lot, giving us block stability to allow us to block longer. We also get 20% increased duration on crowd control, allowing us to lock down our opponents for a long time. We also get a ton of tankiness from being in heavy, giving this build a nice bruiser style!
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum strength perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra strength is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your strength is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. The other perk you are going to want is Refreshing Ward, which reduces your cooldowns as you take damage. Besides these perks, skill perks to augment your active abilities as well as Shirking Fortification are best for your final perk. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Sturdy is used on our shield to allow us to block longer. Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Onyx and Opal gems in our gear. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons, while focusing primarily on physical weapons (since they’re most prevalent in the meta). Emerald is used for extra execute damage on our Warhammer, while the Jasper is used to help us turn the tide against our opponents while on our Sword and shield bar, giving us a boost to damage after receiving damage.
- Constitution: 190
- Strength: 5
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Strength / Constitution Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- The sword bar on this build is our primary defensive bar, and offers us a ton of crowd control and defensive capability. Use Leaping Strike to gap close to your opponent, and then Shield Bash to stun opponents before swapping to your Hatchet bar. If you’re worried about taking a ton of damage, use Defiant Stance and block! You’ll be looking to prioritize blocking over dodging in this build.
- The Warhammer offers a ton of defensive capability and crowd control. Open up with Shockwave to stun your opponent, follow it up with Path of Destiny to hit your opponent with some big burst and stagger them, followed by Clear Out to knock them back. Use heavy attacks on the warhammer to gain empower and grit, giving your increased damage and damage reduction!
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022 – Perks added!
9/19/2022 – gear updated