Greatsword/Sword PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Greataxe Hatchet New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
Greatsword and Sword is a strong PvP weapon combination, sporting a nice balance between tankiness and damage. These weapons together give you everything you need for success in PvP in New World: strong burst, the ability to chase down opponents, crowd control, self healing, and more! This build is extremely straightforward to pick up and play, and a guaranteed way to find success in PvP!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Head||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Chest||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Gloves||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Legs||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Boots||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Sentry||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Knight||Greatsword||Enchanted||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Knight||Sword||Keenly Jagged||Jasper||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Light): Light armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the maximum damage bonus we can get, as well as 2 good dodge rolls. The iframes that this armor weight provides give more effective tankiness for this build than the extra armor that would be gained from wearing medium armor.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum strength perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra strength is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your strength is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. The other perk you are going to want is Refreshing Ward, which reduces your cooldowns as you take damage. Besides these perks, skill perks to augment your active abilities as well as Shirking Fortification are best for your final perk. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Onyx and Opal gems in our gear. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons, while focusing primarily on physical weapons (since they’re most prevalent in the meta). Emerald is used for extra execute damage on our Greatsword, while the Jasper is used to help us turn the tide against our opponents while on our Sword, giving us a boost to damage after receiving damage.
All points into Strength.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Strength / Constitution Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- The greatsword in this build serves 2 purposes: damage dealing and rend application. Start the fight with a heavy attack to enter onslaught form, and follow it up with Skyward Slash to apply 3 stacks of rend. Then, use Crosscut to apply large amounts of damage to your opponent. Then, use Roaring Rupture to gain fortify, apply weaken on your enemies and cleanse debuffs you may have on yourself.
- The Sword bar allows you to not only effectively block with your shield, but is your means of chase and lockdown. Use Leaping Strike to get to your opponent and then follow it up with Shield Bash to stun your opponent, and then use Whirling Blade to apply some damage.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
11/2/2022 – Build created