Greataxe/Warhammer PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Greataxe Warhammer New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
The Greataxe Warhammer weapon combination in New World is an extremely strong and well-balanced setup, offering strong burst, CC, chase potential and damage reduction. This build is similar to the Greataxe Hatchet in a lot of ways, but in my opinion the peak damage and healing is a bit lower, but it does bring more CC and damage reduction to the table. Similarly to that build though, this setup is very strong and straightforward to use, giving you an easy build to get into pvp with!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Head||Barbarian||Medium||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Chest||Barbarian||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Gloves||Barbarian||Medium||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Legs||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Boots||Barbarian||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Ring||Soldier||Jewelry||Keen Awareness||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Sentry||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Knight||Greataxe||Enchanted||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Knight||Warhammer||Keen||Jasper||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Medium): Medium armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the best of all worlds, giving us a decent amount of armor, a solid dodge (which we get 3 of), a 10% damage and healing boost as well as a 10% duration increase to our crowd control skills.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum strength perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra strength is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your strength is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. The other perk you are going to want is Refreshing Ward, which reduces your cooldowns as you take damage. Besides these perks, skill perks to augment your active abilities as well as Shirking Fortification are best for your final perk. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Onyx and Opal gems in our gear. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons, while focusing primarily on physical weapons (since they’re most prevalent in the meta). Emerald is used for extra execute damage on our Greataxe, while the Jasper is used to help us turn the tide against our opponents while on our Warhammer, giving us a boost to damage after receiving damage.
All points into Strength.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Strength / Constitution Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- One of the great things about Greataxe/Warhammer is the chase capability and lockdown this weapon combo has. With your greataxe, your goal is to stay up on your opponents, using Reap to pull them in and deal damage, Charge to stay up on them if they try to run, or Gravity Well for when you want to vacuum your opponent(s) into one area and go for a burst. This weapons light attacks hit hard, so weave them in as you’re locking down your opponent.
- The Warhammer is your more “defensive” weapon between the two, since it offers a lot of damage reduction and crowd control. Open up with Shockwave to stun your opponent, and then follow it up with Armor Breaker and Path of Destiny to hit your opponent with some big burst. Use heavy attacks on the warhammer to gain empower and grit, giving your increased damage and damage reduction!
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022 – Perks added!
9/19/2022 – gear updated