Fire Staff/Void Gauntlet PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Fire Staff Void Gauntlet New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
Void Gauntlet and Fire Staff is an extremely potent combination, giving you the offensive firepower of the fire staff with the fantastic utility of the void gauntlet. The issue though that this weapon combination has is managing mana. This build definitely wont feel the strongest as you’re leveling, due to the fact that its reliant on having a ton of passives from the weapon skill lines, as well as several intelligence perks that all help with mana management. However, once these perks are acquired and you’re armed with some good mana potions, this is an extremely deadly combo that can debuff and burst down tons of enemies simultaneously!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Head||Occultist||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Chest||Occultist||Medium||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Gloves||Occultist||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Legs||Occultist||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Boots||Occultist||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Sentry||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Druid||Void Gauntlet||Keenly Empowered||Malachite||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Druid||Fire Staff||Keenly Empowered||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Light): Light armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the maximum damage bonus we can get, as well as 2 good dodge rolls. Since this build always wants to be at max range, we are mainly concerned with damage over survivability.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum intelligence perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra intelligence is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your intelligence is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. The other perk you are going to want is Refreshing Ward, which reduces your cooldowns as you take damage. Besides these perks, skill perks to augment your active abilities as well as Shirking Fortification are best for your final perk. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Onyx and Opal gems in our gear. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons, while focusing primarily on physical weapons (since they’re most prevalent in the meta). Malachite is used to increase damage against targets we CC with our void gauntlet, while the Emerald is used to help us execute opponents on our fire staff bar.
All points into Intelligence.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Intelligence / Constitution Food
- Mana Potion
Rotation & Tips
- Your goal is to open with Pillar of Fire and Fireball, and then start hitting your opponent with light attacks to stack burning. You can use Burn Out to move through your opponent, deal damage and apply more burning.
- As enemies get close, swap to your Void Gauntlet and use Petrifying Scream to root opponents. Drop your Oblivion to start dealing damage, generate Voidcaller stacks and grant yourself empower, and then start attacking with Void Blade!
- Burn Out can also be used to kite towards or away from your opponent. Use it in different ways as the situation calls for it!
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
- When your mana gets low, use your mana potion!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
1/11/2022 – Build created
9/19/2022 – gear & skills updated