Blunderbuss/Warhammer PvE Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Blunderbuss Warhammer New World PvE Build! This build is intended for general overland PvE and expeditions!
The Blunderbuss Warhammer weapon combination in New World is an extremely strong and well-balanced setup, offering strong burst, CC, chase potential and damage reduction. This setup is very strong and straightforward to use, giving you an easy build to get into the game with!
Keep in mind that builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Head||Barbarian||Medium||Refreshing & Ward||Diamond||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Chest||Barbarian||Heavy||Refreshing & Ward||Diamond||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Gloves||Barbarian||Medium||Refreshing & Ward||Diamond||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Legs||Barbarian||Light||Refreshing & Ward||Malachite||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Boots||Barbarian||Heavy||Refreshing & Ward||Malachite||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Ring||Soldier||Jewelry||Keen Awareness||Malachite||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Sentry||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||Diamond||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Knight||Blunderbuss||Enchanted||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Knight||Warhammer||Keen||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
NOTE: Ward refers to any of the defensive wards for mob types, such as “Corrupted Ward.” More details can be found below under “Perks.”
- Equipment Load (Medium): Medium armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the best of all worlds, giving us a decent amount of armor, a solid dodge (which we get 3 of), a 10% damage and healing boost as well as a 10% duration increase to our crowd control skills.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum strength perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra strength is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your strength is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Keen Awareness on our ring for more crit chance. We choose our defensive ward perk based on the PvE instance we are doing (mob type we will be fighting), and Refreshing for some cooldown reduction! In terms of skill perks, we want whatever skill perks we can get to enhance the capabilities of our build. Secondary perks to consider would be freedom, vigor, invigorated, elemental aversion, and physical aversion. Weapon wise, you want the bane perk for the mob type you’re fighting. The other weapon perks are up to personal choice!
- Gems: For this setup, we went for a mixture of Malachite and Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for the game’s varied enemy types. We use an Emerald on both weapon bars to increase our damage to low health enemies!
All points into Strength.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Strength / Constitution Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- One of the great things about Blunderbuss/Warhammer is the chase capability and lockdown this weapon combo has. With your Blunderbuss, you’re able to easily close the game using Claw Shot to get in close. Then you can use Azoth Shrapnel Blast and Splitting Grenade to deal big AoE damage!
- The Warhammer is your more “defensive” weapon between the two, since it offers a lot of damage reduction, but it still can hit hard. Open up with Shockwave to stun your opponents, follow it up with a Path of Destiny, and then use Wrecking Ball to hit your enemies with some big burst. Use heavy attacks on the warhammer to gain empower and grit, giving your increased damage and damage reduction!
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
9/19/2022- build created