Spear/Bow PvE Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Spear Bow New World PvE Build! This build is intended for general overland PvE and expeditions!
The Spear & Bow combine very well together, offering a ton of CC, zoning potential (with the spear) and solid range. Both weapons provide supplementary damage over time skills, combined with a focus on debuffs, this allows us to gain a ton of percent damage amplifications based on maintaining those debuffs.
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Weapon 1||Warden||Spear||TBD||Malachite||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Warden||Bow||TBD||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Medium): Medium armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the best of all worlds, giving us a decent amount of armor, a solid dodge (which we get 3 of), a 10% damage and healing boost as well as a 10% duration increase to our crowd control skills.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum dexterity perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra dexterity is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your dexterity is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: Since New World is still a new game and players are still in the process of reaching level 60, it’s still a bit challenging to worry about perfect perk optimization. Once more players are reaching end-game and acquiring max level gear, this column in the chart will be updated with the optimal perks for the build!
- Gems: For this setup, we went for a mixture of Malachite and Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for the game’s varied enemy types. Malachite is used for increased damage against crowd-controlled targets (due to the spear’s high CC uptime), while the Emerald is used to help us execute opponents on our bow bar.
All points into Dexterity.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Health Regeneration Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- From ranged, your goal is going to maintain Poison Shot on your opponent, use Rain of Arrows (to apply the bleed) and use Penetrating Shot on cooldown.
- Once you get close to your opponent, open up with Sweep, apply rend with Perforate and then apply your bleed with Skewer. From there, use your light attacks to start lowering your cooldowns.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created