Rapier/Fire Staff PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Rapier Fire Staff New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
The Rapier is (in my opinion) the best melee weapon to combine with an intelligence weapon. The rapier has secondary scaling with intelligence, while the fire staff has primary intelligence scaling. By placing an intelligence gem in our rapier, we are giving a percentage of its damage primary intelligence scaling, dramatically boosting its damage output! The rapier and fire staff combo offers an extremely balanced playstyle: great DoT pressure and burst from the fire staff, fantastic CC, burst and defensive capabilities from the rapier, with both weapons offering fantastic mobility. One of the biggest questions I get about this setup is how it compares to Rapier and Ice Gauntlet. In my opinion, the Rapier and Fire Staff has superior damage and mobility, while the Rapier and Ice Gauntlet offers more tankiness and control. Choose whichever playstyle you prefer, but for me, I am a huge fan of this setup! The Rapier/Fire Staff is currently my favorite PvP build, and this is the exact setup I use on my character!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Weapon 1||Druid||Rapier||TBD||Aquamarine||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Druid||Fire Staff||TBD||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Medium): Medium armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the best of all worlds, giving us a decent amount of armor, a solid dodge (which we get 3 of), a 10% damage and healing boost as well as a 10% duration increase to our crowd control skills.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum intelligence perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra intelligence is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your intelligence is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: Since New World is still a new game and players are still in the process of reaching level 60, it’s still a bit challenging to worry about perfect perk optimization. Once more players are reaching end-game and acquiring max level gear, this column in the chart will be updated with the optimal perks for the build!
- Gems: For this setup, we went for a mixture of Malachite and Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons. Aquamarine is used for primary intelligence stat scaling on our rapier, while the Emerald is used to help us execute opponents on our fire staff bar.
All points into Intelligence.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Health Regeneration Food
- Mana Potion
Rotation & Tips
- From ranged, your goal is to open with Pillar of Fire (for the damage increase) and then start hitting your opponent with light attacks to stack burning. As your opponent is getting close, use Incinerate to push them back, deal damage and apply more burning. Since Incinerate has a long cast time, it’s good to use it as your opponent is getting close and not waiting until they’re right on top of you. You can then use Burn Out to move through your opponent, deal damage and then apply more burning.
- Once you get close to your opponent (or as they get close to you), try to predict when they’ll strike you and then counter it with a Riposte. From there, start using Evade followed by light attacks to lower its cooldown. Keep using Evade and Light Attacks until Riposte is back up (so you can re-stun them), or until they start getting low, in which case hit them with a Fleche followed by an Interruption attack once you’re behind them for the automatic critical.
- Burn Out and Fleche can also be used to kite towards or away from your opponent. Use them in different ways as the situation calls for it!
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
- When your mana gets low, use your mana potion!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created