Musket/Bow PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Musket Bow New World PvP Build! This build is intended for group PvP specifically, whether it be open world, outpost rush or wars. The build excels at taking down enemies from a long-range, and is especially potent at keeping enemies off of siege equipment.
This build is a specialized range build for group pvp. The objective of the build primarily is to keep enemies off of siege from a long range, with the bow offering ranged AoE damage and mobility, while the Musket brings strong single target pressure from a distance. You’ll swap between these two weapons based on what the situation calls for, doing your best to shake opponents off of siege equipment.
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Weapon 1||Warden||Spear||TBD||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Warden||Bow||TBD||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Light): Light armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the maximum damage bonus we can get, as well as 2 good dodge rolls. Since this build always wants to be at max range, we are mainly concerned with damage over survivability.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum dexterity perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra dexterity is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your dexterity is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: Since New World is still a new game and players are still in the process of reaching level 60, it’s still a bit challenging to worry about perfect perk optimization. Once more players are reaching end-game and acquiring max level gear, this column in the chart will be updated with the optimal perks for the build!
- Gems: For this setup, we went for a mixture of Malachite and Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons. Emerald gems are used in both weapons to help execute opponents from afar.
All points into Dexterity.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Health Regeneration Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- This build’s primary job is to apply pressure from ranged. In outpost rush/wars, you’ll be mainly looking to keep enemies off of siege equipment. On your bow, your goal is going to maintain Poison Shot and Rain of Arrows on anyone attempting to use siege. Use Evade Shot when you need to knockback your opponent and gain some distance.
- The musket will serve as a more single target version of what the bow is able to do. If you see someone hopping onto siege, you want to use Powder Burn and take your first shot, applying burning to your opponent. From there, enter Shooter’s Stance, and start taking rapid shots at your opponent. When using the Musket, remember that aiming for headshots is extremely important, since many of our passives rely on it. If you see enemies charging towards you, lay down traps in front of you so that as opponents get close they’ll be CC’d.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created