Magicka Warden PvE Build ESO – Subterranean Zero
Build Written By: Doble – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Resource Management & Rotation
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to Dottzgaming.com’s Magicka Warden Build PvE, Subterranean Zero, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for trials, dungeons and arenas! With the Waking Flame patch, frost damage received some buffs to help make more frost-damage focused playstyles viable. This build focuses heavily around frost damage, and takes full advantage of these new changes to bring you a strong PvE build for dungeons and trials!
|Magicka Warden Frost PvE Build|
|Head||Kjalnar’s Nightmare||Medium||Divines||Magicka||Vet Unhallowed Grave|
|Shoulders||Kjalnar’s Nightmare||Medium||Divines||Magicka||Undaunted Chest|
|Gloves||Frostbite||Light||Divines||Magicka||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Legs||Frostbite||Light||Divines||Magicka||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Chest||Frostbite||Light||Divines||Magicka||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Belt||Frostbite||Light||Divines||Magicka||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Boots||Frostbite||Light||Divines||Magicka||Blackwood or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Kinra’s Wrath||Jewelry||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage||Black Drake Villa|
|Ring||Kinra’s Wrath||Jewelry||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage||Black Drake Villa|
|Ring||Kinra’s Wrath||Jewelry||Bloodthirsty||Spell Damage||Black Drake Villa|
|Weapon 1||Kinra’s Wrath||Ice||Precise||Frost||Black Drake Villa|
|Weapon 2||Crushing Wall||Ice||Infused||Berserker||Vet Maelstrom Arena|
- Dual Frost Staves: We use two frost staves since this build is frost themed, and it wouldn’t be an Ice build without both bars being frost staves!
- Crushing Wall: This is hands down the best backbar weapon to use for any Magicka DPS build, it buffs all Light and Heavy attacks to enemies inside your Wall of elements, thus giving your overall DPS a massive boost.
- Kinra’s Wrath: This set is now one of the best sets to use now on any dps, giving you major berserk after you light or heavy attack 5 times for 5 seconds, giving you 10% extra damage done, and your allies get 5% extra damage done too.
- Frostbite: This set is what makes this build so potent, giving you 2 lines of spell damage, 1 line of spell crit, and real reason why this set is so beneficial is its 5thpiece, which gives you an 8% increased damage to frost damage abilities and an extra 4% Damage to chilled enemies. You also get a 2% increase to damage done while enemies are affected by minor brittle.
- Kjalnar’s Nightmare: This monster set visually looks awesome, but that aside, pairing this with Kinra’s works well because both sets require you to reach 5 stacks with light attacks to proc them. In the case of Kjalnar’s, after 5 stacks if the target can be stunned, they will be thrown into the air, and if they can’t they’ll take a huge amount of magic damage.
All points into magicka.
Main Bar – Frost: Winters Revenge, Deep Fissure, Destructive Reach, Inner Light, Bird of Prey, Ice Comet.
Back Bar – Frost: Unstable Wall of Elements, Fetcher Infection, Mystic Orb, Degeneration, Blue Betty, Elemental Rage
- Winters Revenge: This is one of the first abilities that procs frostbite, and is one of our primary ground AoEs.
- Deep Fissure: This ability needs to be used at least twice in the rotation; it’s one of our main damaging abilities that needs to be applied because of its major breach bonus. Use it as frequently as possible if down.
- Destructive Reach: The recent changes to Destructive reach means we can now use this as a spammable. Use this twice in-between each Deep Fissure
- Inner Light: This is a bar buffer skill that gives spell critical for just being on your bar. It can also be used at the start of the rotation to boost your initial first light attack.
- Bird of Prey: This is another buff skill, giving you minor berserk while slotted, increasing you overall damage done by 5%. It can also be used for extra movement speed during certain mechanics where you have to be fast.
- Ice Comet: This is our strongest ultimate on the build; use this during the start of your rotation and again when enemies are in the 25% execute Range.
- Unstable Wall of Frost: Using this ability in combination with the Maelstrom staff gives a boost to light and heavy attacks. It will likely be used as the third ability in the rotation.
- Fetcher Infection: This ability gives us more damage while active due to minor vulnerability, giving us an extra 5% to damage done while it infects your target for 10 seconds.
- Mystic Orb: This ability is used after Fetcher Infection and it offers great cleave damage to every surrounding target near it.
- Degeneration: This ability gives you great damage to single targets and it’s our flex spot. If you want, you can swap this to Soul Splitting Trap during large enemy encounters.
- Blue Betty: This is a major buff to your spell damage. It also a helps to sustain, giving you Magicka back for the duration. Another added bonus is that it removes 1 harmful effect every 5 seconds.
- Elemental Rage: This Ultimate is used once you have built up ult from the first Ice comet you used. It does huge AOE damage to all enemies inside its rage.
Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Mortal
For this build you will be playing mortal. Neither vampire nor werewolf give this build anything it needs.
The list below showcases the order in which champion points should be acquired, the number of points you need to place into that perk and whether or not it needs to be slotted in the CP bar. The Warfare CP perks increase your damage and mitigation and are the most important, the Fitness tree has some miscellaneous sustain and defensive perks and the Craft tree has crafting and non-combat bonuses. The Craft CP points are entirely customizable to however you want, or you can follow the list below.
CHAMPION POINT SETUP
- Precision – 20
- Backstabber – 50 (Slotted)
- Piercing – 20
- Deadly Aim – 50 (Slotted)
- Master-at-Arms – 50 (Slotted)
- Thaumaturge – 50 (Slotted)
- Eldritch Insight – 20
- Flawless Ritual – 40
- War Mage – 30
- Quick Recovery – 20
- Preparation – 20
- Elemental Aegis – 20
- Hardy – 20
- Blessed – 20
- Tireless Discipline – 20
- Boundless Vitality – 50 (Slotted)
- Rejuvenation – 50 (Slotted)
- Tumbling – 30
- Mystic Tenacity – 10
- Hero’s Vigor – 20
- Siphoning Spells – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortified – 50 (Slotted)
- Defiance – 20
- Tireless Guardian – 20
- Fortification – 30
- Hasty – 16
- Sprinter – 20
- Nimble Protector – 6
- Savage Defense – 30
- Bashing Brutality – 20
- Piercing Gaze – 30
- Steed’s Blessing – 50 (Slotted)
- Breakfall – 50
- Wanderer – 15
- Steadfast Enchantment – 50
- Rationer – 30 (Slotted)
- Liquid Efficiency – 75 (Slotted)
- Treasure Hunter – 50 (Slotted)
- Fortune’s Favor – 50
- Gilded Fingers – 50
- Soul Reservoir – 33
Other Important Info
- Clockwork Citrus Fillet (Max health, Health recovery, Max Magicka and Magicka Recovery)
- Witch Mothers Potent Brew (Max Magicka, Max Health and Magicka Recovery)
The Thief – Increased Critical Chance
- Dark Elf
- High Elf
- Tri Stat Potion
- (Health, Health Recovery, Stamina, Stamina Recovery, Magicka, Magicka Recovery)
- (Bugloss, Columbine, Mountain Flower)
- Spell Crit Potion
- (Magicka, Magicka Recovery, Spell Critical)
- (Corn Flower, Lady smock, Namira’s Rot)
Animal Companions (all), Green Balance (all), Winter Embrace (all), Medium Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all), Destruction Staff (all), Fighters Guild (Banish The Wicked), Mages Guild (all), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use)
Resource Management & Rotation
Use a light attack before every skill in the rotation listed below. Assuming you’re starting the fight with full ultimate, the rotation is as follows:
Blue Betty > Deep fissure > Potion > Ice Comet > Winters Revenge > Weapon Swap > Unstable Wall of Frost > Fetcher Infection > Mystic Orb > Degeneration > Weapon Swap > Deep Fissure > Frost Reach x2 > Deep fissure > Frost reach x2.
Then start rotation again from winters revenge. The ultimate rotation for a dummy parse is Ice comet, Icy Rage, Icy Rage, Ice Comet.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Doble about the build!
8/26/2021 – Build created.
11/14/2021 – gear, cp and mundus updated for deadlands