[ARCHIVED] Arcane Archer – Stamina Nightblade PvP Build
[ARCHIVED]: This build has been archived, which means it is no longer being updated. However, this web-page will be left up for those who still would like to refer to it.
Build Written By: Nyassa – PC NA – YouTube
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Resource Management & Rotation
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Stamina Nightblade PvP Build, The Arcane Archer, for the game; Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for open world engagements such as: Cyrodiil, battlegrounds, and Imperial city. This build can have fair success in dueling and in 1vX. There have been many builds put together but with the change to two handed weapons from the Summerset patch there are a lot more possibilities! Over all this build functions well enough considering the fact it uses a bow as a main weapon yet is not a ganker nor does it even use the Snipe ability!
If you like playing a magblade but don’t enjoy it very much due to its current weakness in everything but dueling then you’ll love this build. It doesn’t nuke people as much but the damage is similar and survivability is far better!
|Stamina Nightblade PvP Build|
|Head||Balorgh||Heavy||Impenetrable||Stamina||Vet March of Sacrifices|
|Necklace||Hunding's Rage||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage||Crafted|
|Ring||Hunding's Rage||Jewelry||Robust||Weapon Damage||Crafted|
|Ring||Hunding's Rage||Jewelry||Protective||Weapon Damage||Crafted|
|Weapon 1||Shacklebreaker||Bow||Nirnhoned||Weapon & Spell Damage||Crafted|
|Weapon 2||Shacklebreaker||Two-Handed||Nirnhoned||Absorb Stamina||Crafted|
- Balrogh: We use this set for both the aesthetic and the function. The glowing red effect it gives you looks awesome on a nightblade and furthermore You’re cheap ultimates and powerful ult gen allows you to use this set rather well. For instance using psijic ult with this set turns a normally defensive ult into both defensive and offensive depending on the amount of ult we have.
- Hunding’s Rage: This set gives us a nice amount of damage as well as some more weapon critical on the build.
- Shacklebreaker: As a stambalde having magicka and magicka regen is very beneficial. This build also uses shade almost more than a magblade so while cloaking you’ll need to be able to use shade as well thus having the magicka sustain is great. Plus we get some nice damage to boot.
All points into Stamina.
Main Bar – Bow: Relentless Focus, Crushing Weapon, Shadow Image, Poison Injection, Draining Shot, Ballista
Back Bar – Two Handed: Shadowy Disguise, Shuffle, Rally, Resolving Vigor, Leeching Strikes, Flawless Dawnbreaker.
Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Mortal
While being a vampire benefit this build in a few small ways I personally do not see it as a necessary element. The regen would be nice and sneak speed is ok but the cons really outweigh the pros at this time.
CHAMPION POINT 810 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Piercing – 30
- Mighty – 56
- Master-at-Arms – 66
- Thaumaturge – 48
- Physical Weapon Expert – 9
- Precise Strikes – 61
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Warlord – 52
- Arcanist – 45
- Tumbling – 52
- Mooncalf – 75
- Sprinter – 14
- Befoul – 11
- Shadow Ward – 21
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Ironclad – 66
- Resistant – 51
- Thick Skinned – 56
- Hardy – 43
- Elemental Defender – 43
- Quick Recovery – 11
Other Important Info
Dubious Camoran Throne: Maximum Health, Stamina and Stamina Recovery
Warrior – Increased Weapon Damage
- Bosmer: Great sustain and fairly good damage. Also thematically appropriate and Best In Slot for being cute!
- Dunmer: Best option if you just want straight damage.
- Khajiit: Good for it’s crit damage and healing. The recovery passive allows you to possibly forego another form of magic regen since it has a small 85 magic regen this may very well be enough for most players to not use shackle but the set is still very good.
- Imperial: Good sustain and good healing. Might still need some source of stam regen but overall you should be ok if you play your cards right
Health/Stamina/Weapon Crit (Tri-stat pots are good too but the weapon crit helps us heal and do damage thus my choice there.)
Class (all), Medium (all), Light (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Heavy Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), Bow (all), Two Handed (all), Fighters Guild (All but Intimidate), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first)
Resource Management & Rotation
The following is basically a checklist of what you want to do when you play this build. It is important to note that in PvP we have no true rotation, that is even more true as a nightblade.
-Maintain Relentless Focus on yourself at all times. It has a regen boost to it.
-Re-apply Leeching Strike every time the effect ends. We should keep this up even while we are out of combat and just cloaking/sprinting around
-Always try and combo stuns with Relentless Focus or Incapacitating Strike
-In a fight it is important to keep Rally up as it heals you passively. It’s also your burst heal, the longer it’s active the more it heals you for when you recast it. THis also gives us our weapon damage buff so don’t let this fall off.
-When using Shade keep it active as often as you can. This will help us escape tricky situations over all. I use shade more on this build than on my magblade.
Since the changes to races sustain will be very easy on a Bosmer. Our sustain comes from our Leeching Strikes skill and the Regen stat. Worst case scenario you retreat and take a second or two to heavy attack with a Bow. It is important to ensure that we are not being heavily focused or super debuffed because while heavy attacking you are vulnerable.
The Defile on Soul Harvest/ Incap will help ensure that even after our enemy has a harder time healing up and fully recovering.
Tips & Misc.
-Rally is our ‘primary’ defensive skill in that we get nice long heal over time and then when we reactivate the skill it will give us a burst heal depending on how long it’s been active.
-Spamming Vigor doesn’t actually do anything but waste stamina. Cast it once then dodge roll and hit rally. If you feel the need to spam something then spam rally.
-In the CP section you will see we have a fair amount of points into tumbling. Typically you want to avoid rolling too much on magic builds but due to the fact we are getting up rather close and person, dodge roll is beneficial to use to escape and even animation cancel skills when you want them to go off, but need to move.
-In nearly all engagements it helps to stay mobile, even if that means changing where you do LoS.
-Drink potions on cooldown as it gives you ult via a nightblade passive and damage.
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Nyassa about the build!
3/1/2019 – Build Created
5/30/2019 – BP changed to Hundings, Incap changed to Ballista