Sword/Hatchet PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Sword Hatchet New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
The Sword Hatchet build is a bruiser pvp build, utilizing the Hatchet and Sword for two tanky weapon bars. With the way this build is setup, the Sword and Shield is used primarily for chasing down opponents, crowd control and defensive mitigation, while the Hatchet is our primary damage and healing bar. If you’re looking for a true bruiser style setup, this will serve you well!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Earring||Soldier||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||N/A||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Soldier||Sword||Keenly Fortified||Jasper||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Soldier||Hatchet||Keenly Jagged||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Heavy): Heavy armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. While typically I don’t use heavy armor, builds like this are an exception. Heavy armor helps the sword and shield a lot, giving us block stability to allow us to block longer. We also get 20% increased duration on crowd control, allowing us to lock down our opponents for a long time. We also get a ton of tankiness from being in heavy, giving this build a nice bruiser style!
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum strength perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra strength is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your strength is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Sturdy is used on our shield to allow us to block longer. Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons. Emerald is used for extra execute damage on our Hatchet, while the Jasper is used to help us turn the tide against our opponents while on our Sword and shield bar, giving us a boost to damage after receiving damage.
- Constitution: 190
- Strength: 5
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Health Regeneration Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- The sword bar on this build offers us a ton of crowd control and defensive capability. Use Leaping Strike to gap close to your opponent, and then Shield Bash to stun opponents before swapping to your Hatchet bar. If you’re worried about taking a ton of damage, use Defiant Stance and block! You’ll be looking to prioritize blocking over dodging in this build.
- The Hatchet offers a lot of self healing, CC immunity, and even a cheat death effect. Utilize Berserk to break yourself out of crowd control, heal yourself, increase your damage and make yourself uninterruptible (since it has so many effects, use it as the situation calls for it). Once you’re buffed with Berserk, use Infected Throw to apply Disease & Weaken to your opponents, followed up by Feral Rush to get on top of your opponent.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022 – Perks added!