Spear/Bow PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Spear Bow New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
The Spear & Bow combine very well together, offering a ton of CC, zoning potential (with the spear) and solid range. Both weapons provide supplementary damage over time skills, combined with a focus on debuffs, this allows us to gain a ton of percent damage amplifications based on maintaining those debuffs. The bow can be a little tricky to land shots with in PvP, but once you get your aim down the potency of this weapon is unlocked!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Head||Brigand||Medium||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Chest||Brigand||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Gloves||Brigand||Medium||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Legs||Brigand||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Boots||Brigand||Heavy||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Ring||Ranger||Jewelry||Keen Awareness||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Sentry||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Warden||Spear||Keenly Jagged||Malachite||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Warden||Bow||Keen||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Medium): Medium armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the best of all worlds, giving us a decent amount of armor, a solid dodge (which we get 3 of), a 10% damage and healing boost as well as a 10% duration increase to our crowd control skills.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum dexterity perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra dexterity is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your dexterity is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. The other perk you are going to want is Refreshing Ward, which reduces your cooldowns as you take damage. Besides these perks, skill perks to augment your active abilities as well as Shirking Fortification are best for your final perk. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Onyx and Opal gems in our gear. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons, while focusing primarily on physical weapons (since they’re most prevalent in the meta). Malachite is used for increased damage against crowd-controlled targets (due to the spear’s high CC uptime), while the Emerald is used to help us execute opponents on our bow bar.
All points into Dexterity.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Dexterity / Constitution Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- From ranged, your goal is going to maintain Poison Shot on your opponent, and use Penetrating Shot on cooldown. Use Evade Shot when you need to knockback your opponent and gain some distance.
- Once you get close to your opponent, open up with Vault Kick, follow it up with Sweep and then apply your bleed with Skewer. From there, use your light attacks to start lowering your cooldowns.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022 – Perks added!
9/19/2022 – gear updated