Rapier/Musket PvE Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Rapier Musket New World PvE Build! This build is intended for general overland PvE and expeditions!
The Rapier & Musket combine very well together, offering a ton of survivability, damage over time and solid range. Musket builds have less mobility when compared to using a bow, but has a bit of a higher damage ceiling. With that being said, that extra damage is reliant on being able to land your headshots with the musket. While it will take some practice, you unlock a lot of extra damage when you can reliably hit them! Both weapons provide supplementary damage over time skills, giving a solid amount of DoT pressure to the build!
Keep in mind that builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Ring||Ranger||Jewelry||Keen Awareness||N/A||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Sentry||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||N/A||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Warden||Rapier||Keenly Jagged||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Warden||Musket||Keen||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Medium): Medium armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the best of all worlds, giving us a decent amount of armor, a solid dodge (which we get 3 of), a 10% damage and healing boost as well as a 10% duration increase to our crowd control skills.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum dexterity perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra dexterity is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your dexterity is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Keen Awareness on our ring for more crit chance. Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths! For armor perks, we use a combination of Refreshing and Resilient to get a healthy mixture of cooldown reduction and critical damage reduction. Past these perks, try to get perks that augment the abilities chosen in the build!
- Gems: For this setup, we went for a mixture of Malachite and Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for the game’s varied enemy types. Emerald gems are used in both weapons to help us execute enemies quickly!
All points into Dexterity.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Health Regeneration Food
- Flex – the choice is up to you!
Rotation & Tips
- On your Musket bar, lay down traps in front of you so that as opponents get close they’ll be CC’d. You then want to use Powder Burn and take your first shot, applying burning to your opponent. From there, enter Shooter’s Stance, and start taking rapid shots at your opponent. When using the Musket, remember that aiming for headshots is extremely important, since many of our passives rely on it.
- Once you get close to your opponent, open up Tondo to get your Rapier’s bleed up. From there, start using Evade followed by light attacks to lower its cooldown. Hit them with a Fleche followed by an Interruption attack once you’re behind them for the automatic critical. Then, just keep using Evade and Light Attacks until Tondo or Fleche is back up and use them on cooldown
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022- build perks added