Life Staff/Ice Gauntlet PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Life Staff Ice Gauntlet New World PvP Healer Build! This build is intended for group PvP, whether it be open world, outpost rush or wars!
The Life Staff is the primary healing weapon in New World, so every healing build will have it equipped. Where a lot of the flexibility comes in is with the secondary weapon. For this setup, we decided to pair the Life Staff with the Ice Gauntlet, due to its ability to give us some damage, tankiness, CC and help with mana restoration. Since this build is designed for group play, all of the healing abilities are focused around healing an area, making sure we can keep as many of our allies healed up as possible!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Earring||Druid||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||N/A||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Nomad||Life Staff||Blessed||Diamond||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Druid||Ice Gauntlet||Keenly Empowered||Amber||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Heavy): Heavy armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. While light armor gives us a big increase to healing, the lack of defenses make you way too squishy. You still have plenty of healing output in heavy, and the extra defenses are from this armor load are worth it.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit 3 attribute breakpoints: 200 focus, 100 intelligence and 100 constitution. While leveling, focus on Focus, while making sure you have at least 50 constitution for the boost to your consumables.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons. Amber is used for primary focus stat scaling on our Ice Gauntlet, while the Diamond is used to help give us a healing boost on our life staff bar.
All points into Focus.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Health Regeneration Food
- Mana Potion
Rotation & Tips
- While healing with your life staff, your goal is to cycle between your AoE heals as your allies require healing. Every heal in the build is an AoE, so you’ll always be able to heal multiple people at once! If your healing abilities are down and someone still needs help, use your light attacks to heal your allies. If no one currently need healing, weave in heavy attacks against your enemies to proc the Intensify passive, allowing any future heals to get a significant power boost!
- If no one currently needs healing or enemies start to get close to you, that’s where your Ice Gauntlet comes in. You can open a fight with Ice Storm for the damage and CC, or just use it as enemies get close to slow them down, following it up with Ice Shower to root them in the storm and prevent them from getting to you. If you think you’re going to take damage and cant escape, use Entomb. This will give you invulnerability for a time while the tomb holds, as well as restore mana.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
- When your mana gets low, use your mana potion!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022 – Perks added!