Life Staff/Hatchet PvP Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Life Staff Hatchet New World PvP Build! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: open world PvP, duels, outpost rush and wars!
The Life Staff is the primary healing weapon in New World, so every healing build will have it equipped. Where a lot of the flexibility comes in is with the secondary weapon. For this setup, we decided to pair the Life Staff with the Hatchet, due to it being a strong weapon that brings a ton of benefits to the table, and allows us to play solo. This build is setup to play both in groups and solo content; all of the healing abilities are focused around healing an area, making sure we can keep as many of our allies healed up as possible, while the hatchet is oriented towards giving us as much damage as possible!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Head||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Chest||Barbarian||Medium||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Gloves||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Legs||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Boots||Barbarian||Light||Resilient & Refreshing Ward||Onyx||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Knight||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||Opal||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Nomad||Life Staff||Blessed||Diamond||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Knight||Hatchet||Keenly Jagged||Amber||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Light): Light armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. Light armor gives us the biggest increase to healing, plus access to a very strong dodge roll. Even thought medium and heavy armor give more defense, the healing throughput and dodge roll i-frames outweigh the raw mitigation.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit 3 attribute breakpoints: 200 focus, 100 strength and 100 constitution. While leveling, focus on Focus, while making sure you have at least 50 constitution for the boost to your consumables.
- Perks: For PvP, Resilient tends to be one of the best perks to give you a ton of critical damage resistance, to help prevent you from being bursted down. The other perk you are going to want is Refreshing Ward, which reduces your cooldowns as you take damage. Besides these perks, skill perks to augment your active abilities as well as Shirking Fortification are best for your final perk. For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Hearty on Light/Heavy setups to help give us more max stamina to work with, while we use Keen Awareness on medium builds for more crit chance (where the extra stamina is less needed). Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths!
- Gems: For this setup, we use Onyx and Opal gems in our gear. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for both magical and physical weapons, while focusing primarily on physical weapons (since they’re most prevalent in the meta). Amber is used for primary focus stat scaling on our Hatchet, while the Diamond is used to help give us a healing boost on our life staff bar.
All points into Focus.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Focus / Constitution Food
- Mana Potion
Rotation & Tips
- While healing with your life staff, your goal is to cycle between your AoE heals as your allies require healing. Every heal in the build is an AoE, so you’ll always be able to heal multiple people at once! If your healing abilities are down and someone still needs help, use your light attacks to heal your allies. If no one currently need healing, weave in heavy attacks against your enemies to proc the Intensify passive, allowing any future heals to get a significant power boost!
- The Hatchet offers a lot of self healing, CC immunity, and even a cheat death effect. Utilize Berserk to break yourself out of crowd control, heal yourself, increase your damage and make yourself uninterruptible (since it has so many effects, use it as the situation calls for it). Once you’re buffed with Berserk, use Infected Throw to apply Disease & Weaken to your opponents, followed up by Feral Rush to get on top of your opponent.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
- When your mana gets low, use your mana potion!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022 – Perks added!
9/19/2022 – gear updated