Ice Gauntlet/Fire Staff PvE Build New World
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Ice Gauntlet Fire Staff New World PvE Build! This build is intended for general overland PvE and expeditions!
Ice Gauntlet and Fire Staff is an extremely potent combination, giving you the offensive firepower of the fire staff with the fantastic control of the ice gauntlet. The issue though that this weapon combination has is managing mana. This build definitely wont feel the strongest as you’re leveling, due to the fact that its reliant on having a ton of passives from the weapon skill lines, as well as several intelligence perks that all help with mana management. However, once these perks are acquired and you’re armed with some good mana potions, this is an extremely deadly combo that can slow and burst down tons of enemies simultaneously!
Keep in mind that builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Ring||Scholar||Jewelry||Keen Awareness||N/A||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Earring||Sentry||Jewelry||Refreshing Toast||N/A||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 1||Druid||Ice Gauntlet||Keenly Empowered||Malachite||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
|Weapon 2||Druid||Fire Staff||Keenly Empowered||Emerald||Crafted/Overland/Faction Vendor|
- Equipment Load (Light): Light armor, in my opinion, is the best equipment load for the build. This gives us the biggest boost to damage possible, giving us a 20% damage increase. We also have 2 dodge rolls with light armor, allowing us to escape from enemies more quickly than medium and heavy armor.
- Name/Set: We run a combination of set types in order to help us hit the maximum intelligence perk (300) without too much overflow, since the scaling dramatically drops after that point. When no extra intelligence is needed, health is prioritized to help boost our defensive capabilities. You can mix and match the sets as you want, as long as your intelligence is as close to 300 as it can be with everything else in constitution.
- Perks: For jewelry, Health tends to be the best Amulet Perk to help pad your max HP. Refreshing Toast is used for our Earring Perk, to allow us to use our potions much more frequently, thus increasing our HP/MP sustain by a ton. Finally, we go with Keen Awareness on our ring for more crit chance. Weapon perks are chosen to help augment our build’s strengths! For armor perks, we use a combination of Refreshing and Resilient to get a healthy mixture of cooldown reduction and critical damage reduction. Past these perks, try to get perks that augment the abilities chosen in the build!
- Gems: For this setup, we went for a mixture of Malachite and Diamond gems in the armor. This will give us boosts physical damage reduction and elemental damage absorption, giving us a good spread of damage reduction for the game’s varied enemy types. Malachite is used to increase damage against targets we CC with our ice gauntlet, while the Emerald is used to help us execute opponents on our fire staff bar.
All points into Intelligence.
NOTE: Click here to view the skill tree calculator.
- Health Potion
- Regeneration Potion
- Health Regeneration Food
- Mana Potion
Rotation & Tips
- From ranged, you want to open with Ice Storm to slow opponents. Opening with this takes advantage of the Storm Summoner passive and gets our gem proc’d. From there, use Ice Shower to root enemies in the Ice Storm.
- When you swap to your fire staff, your goal is to open with Pillar of Fire and then use Fireball to put the burning AoE at their feet. Afterwards, start hitting your enemy with light attacks to stack burning. You can then use Burn Out to move through your opponent, deal damage and then apply more burning. Do be sure, however, to stand in your Rune of Helios as much as possible to take advantage of the extra damage!
- Burn Out can also be used to kite towards or away from your opponent. Use it in different ways as the situation calls for it!
- Entomb is a very flexible skill and can be used in a lot of different ways. Use it to block incoming damage when your opponent is going for a burst, use it to regenerate mana or use it to avoid certain skills/CC you might not want to be struck by.
- As you start taking damage, use your regeneration potion. This will help keep your health topped off.
- When you take a big burst of damage, use your health potion to help recover!
- If you are in a desperate need for health and your potions are on cooldown, get some distance from your opponent and eat food. As long as you dont take damage, your health will quickly regenerate. Once your health gets to a respectable amount or a potion comes off of cooldown, feel free to re-enter the fight!
- When your mana gets low, use your mana potion!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
10/21/2021 – Build created
1/1/2022- build perks added