Magicka Dragonknight PvP Build ESO – Burn
Build Written By: Dottz Gaming – PC NA
Role: Damage Dealer
Table of Contents
- Tips & Misc
- Contact Info
- Update Log
Welcome to DottzGaming.com’s Magicka Dragon Knight DPS PvP Build, Burn, for the Elder Scrolls Online! This build is intended for PvP of all kinds: battlegrounds, Cyrodiil, dueling, and Imperial City. This build can be played in both CP and no-CP pvp without any changes to the build!
Greymoor is an interesting chapter for magicka dragonknight’s place in PvP, and after testing many different setups and gear combinations, this build is what I landed on as my setup. This build is a tanky light armor build that has a TON of pressure due to having a respectable amount of penetration, Malacath’s Band of Brutality and Valkyn Skoria. Running a defensive set in light armor allows us to benefit from the amazing light armor passives, while giving us the same tankiness we would experience in heavy armor. While I did try heavy at the start of the chapter, I do feel that it is inferior to light armor still despite the changes to healing. Light armor gives you a higher chance to critically heal, and much more pressure than a heavy armor build, allowing you to stay offensive longer against your opponents. The gear section explains why I chose what I chose, and I feel this build strikes up that great balance between tankiness and damage!
Keep in mind that PvP builds are very personal. This is what worked for ME. If you don’t like something about it, change it to fit your playstyle.
|Magicka Dragon Knight PvP Build|
|Head||Valkyn Skoria||Heavy||Impenetrable||Magicka||Vet City of Ash 2|
|Shoulders||Valkyn Skoria||Light||Impenetrable||Magicka||Undaunted Chest|
|Chest||Mark of the Pariah||Heavy||Impenetrable||Prismatic||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Necklace||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Mark of the Pariah||Jewelry||Arcane||Spell Damage/Magicka Recovery||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Ring||Malacath's Band of Brutality||Jewelry||Arcane||Magicka Recovery||Antiquities|
|Weapon 1||Mark of the Pariah||Flame Staff||Charged||Disease||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Shield 1||Mark of the Pariah||1h Weapon||Charged||Flame||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
|Weapon 2||Mark of the Pariah||Shield||Sturdy||Magicka||Wrothgar or Guild Trader|
- Stuhn’s: Since we are using a mythic item, we are unable to run 2 five piece set bonuses and a monster set. Since I knew I wanted to use an offensive monster set on this build, I chose to use Stuhn’s, but only the 4 piece. This set has really strong 2-4 piece set bonuses, and adds a TON of damage to your build!
- Valkyn Skoria: For those that dont know, Malacath’s Band of Brutality effects proc set damage. Because of that, I’ve found that builds that run an offensive proc set plus the Malacath band deal significantly more damage than builds that just go for max stats with the Malacath band. Valkyn plays perfectly into our theme of applying DoTs and then wearing our opponent down, and gives magicka dragonknight the extra burst it needs to finish off opponents!
- Pariah: An absolutely amazing defensive set for magicka characters, giving us a ton of resistances as our HP gets lower which allows us to recover more easily when we are being pressured.
- Malacath’s Band of Brutality: This set is what unlocked the potential of the Burn build once again. Malacath’s gives us a 25% damage boost to all of our skills and to Skoria, but prevents our damaging skills from dealing critical strikes (which isnt a big deal since we have low crit on our front bar & proc sets cant crit). Thankfully, this doesnt prevent our heals from dealing critical healing, so we set up our bars in a way to give our heals the greatest chance to crit.
All points into Magicka.
Main Bar – Destruction Staff: Flame Lash, Burning Embers, Fossilize, Elemental Drain, Engulfing Flames, Ferocious Leap
Back Bar – 1h and Shield: Degeneration, Cauterize, Coagulating Blood, Volatile Armor, Protective Plate, Temporal Guard
Vampire vs. Mortal
For this build I recommend playing a mortal. Unfortunately, the sustain hit that vampire gives nowadays is not worth it for magDK in my opinion. While mist form is fantastic, it’s just not worth it enough for the amount of damage we would lose to make up for the sustain loss from the vampire passives.
CHAMPION POINT 810 SETUP
THE MAGE (BLUE)
- Blessed – 23
- Elfborn – 37
- Spell Erosion – 36
- Elemental Expert – 56
- Master-at-Arms – 81
- Thaumaturge – 37
THE THIEF (GREEN)
- Warlord – 66
- Sprinter – 11
- Arcanist – 75
- Tumbling – 37
- Shadow Ward – 81
THE WARRIOR (RED)
- Ironclad – 66
- Resistant – 34
- Thick Skinned – 48
- Hardy – 56
- Elemental Defender – 43
- Quick Recovery – 23
Other Important Info
Bewitched Sugar Skulls: Maximum Health, Magicka and Stamina
Apprentice – Increased Spell Damage
Breton – Definitely the best race for this build. Magicka Dragonknight does not have the best sustain, and playing as a Breton prevents us from needing to run a sustain set on our build due to the 7% cost reduction and 100 magicka recovery. Besides the great regen, we also get a big boost to our magicka and a ton of extra resistances.
Essence of Health (Restore Magicka, Health and Stamina)
(Bugloss, Columbine and Mountain Flower)
Class (all), Light Armor (all), Heavy Armor (all except the ones that require you to wear 5 pieces), 1h & Shield (all), Destruction Staff (all), Mages Guild (all), Undaunted (all), Racial (all), Psijic Order (Clairvoyance and Concentrated Barrier), Fighter’s Guild (Banish the Wicked), Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Assault (all), Support (all except the first)
Tips & Misc.
- Maintain your buffs & debuffs/DoTs to maximize the amount of tankiness and damage potential that the build offers.
- Your offense is also your defense. If you need a BIG heal in a pinch and don’t have an ultimate or a potion up, re-apply Burning Embers. The re-application of burning embers will cause you to be healed since the original DoT “ended”, and you’ll be maintaining the damage pressure on your opponent. You could also CC your opponent with Fossilize and hit them twice with Flame Lash in order to get the heal from the Power Lash proc!
- Elemental Drain maintenance is very important for damage and sustain. Always make sure this ability is up on your opponent.
- Your Cauterize and Coagulating Blood is your bread and butter burst heal combination; use them in succession when you’re taking massive amounts of pressure.
- Stunning someone before you use an ultimate will cause them to take the full brunt of your assault, so use Fossilize in those key moments.
- You are relatively slow on this build, so positioning is very important to make sure you’re able to escape if you need to in a pinch. Keep that in mind when you’re out there on the battlefield!
If you have any questions about the build, join our discord server and ask @Dottz about the build!
8/21/2018 – Build created.
10/22/2018 – Skills and CP updated for murkmire
10/25/2018 – Skills, CP and gear changed after initial testing
1/8/2019 – Changed skills around, changed mundus to atronach & changed recovery glyph on jewelry to spell damage
2/27/2019 – Skills changed, gear traits changed (some sturdy to impen), weapons changed
5/22/2019 – Monster set, gear enchants, back bar set, buff food, race and mundus stone changed.
5/24/2019 – weapons, cp and skills changed after testing
5/28/2020 – build brought out of archives and updated for Greymoor.
6/2/2020 – overhauled build after further testing